Search results

1. Peterinvan

Please, recommend headphones for listening to music with ENJOYMENT.

I find that I put on my Meze 109 Pro phones more often than others in my collection. Very comfortable, great for detailed listening to most genres. Especially acoustic instruments. No EQ required. No fatigue factor. I use the FiiO K7 desktop DAC/amp
  2. Peterinvan

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

Symbol In My Driveway Jack Johnson I've got a symbol in my driveway I've got a hundred million dollar friends I've got you a brand new weapon l Lets see how destructive we can be I got a brand new set of stencils I been connecting all the dots Got my plans in a zip lock bag Lets see how...
  3. Peterinvan

How do I plug this cable into this hole?

Great choice (Focals with the K7). To use your Focals with the 4.4mm balanced out from the K7, I recommend the balanced4.4mm Meze 99 cable. $79 CDN. It works very well for me. To connect the K7 to an amplifier (or powered speakers) use the RCA out sockets at the back with RCA cables.
  4. Peterinvan

Network switch without any leds at all, does it exists ?

I use good quality black “Gaffer Tape”. No damage and clean removal when necessary.
  5. Peterinvan

Replacing my AudioQuest Dragonfly red for headphones?

For the desktop use-case, I believe the FiiO K7 is the best value for my money. And it looks so cool :)
  6. Peterinvan

What is the point of CD rips?

When the time comes to downsize to a 1,000 sq ft condo, there is no space to store your CD collection. Take time to make good quality rips…. Then keep one folder of CDs for the car and donate the rest to Goodwill. Practice the old habits of three generation backups. I also do an offsite...
  7. Peterinvan

headphone amplifier low budget

The FiiO K7 is great value for money:
  8. Peterinvan

Omnidirectional speakers

If you are not looking for an intimate spacious sound stage, the B&W Zeppelins are very impressive.
  9. Peterinvan

Apple vs Masimo, the aftermath of the lawsuit

FYI Masimo (MASI) shares soared 3.3% in the last trading session to close at $139.43. The move was backed by solid volume with far more shares changing hands than in a normal session. This compares to the stock's 2.1% gain over the past four weeks. The company's plan to spin-off its consumer...
  10. Peterinvan

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

I am enjoying my new FiiO K7 (with a LPS). Drives my Elegias (and other phones) with ease. Should meet all your requirements above. :)
  11. Peterinvan

Looking for versatile desktop DAC and Amp recommendation

K7 with Audeze LCD-XC This is a great pairing. The K7 is impressing me with its taught bass, 3D sound stage, realistic vocals and crisp snares and hi-hats. I am using a Regulated Linear Power Supply to get the extra micro details. This is my bass heavy playlist...
  12. Peterinvan

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

K7 with Audeze LCD-XC This is a great pairing. The K7 is impressing me with its taught bass, 3D sound stage, realistic vocals and crisp snares and hi-hats. I am using a Regulated Linear Power Supply to get the extra micro details. This is my bass heavy playlist...
  13. Peterinvan

Do you refer to yourself as an 'audiophile'?

I love music (playing and listening). To me, being an audiophile means I enjoy pursuing and obtaining the best quality in reproduction that my budget will allow. I admit that sometimes I cannot tell what improvement can be detected. However my view is that if I am listening to the best that I...
  14. Peterinvan

FiiO K7

It would be nice to have a more useful range when on high gain. However I quickly adapted to making very small adjustments in the 10:00 to 11:30 range. Loving the sound quality with the K7 (using a LPS).
  15. Peterinvan

I'm fine, right?

I returned the KA17 and got the K7 (with a LPS). It suits my desktop use better and the sound profile fits my ears better (I prefer not to use EQ). I have a KA3 and Cayin RU6 dongles for the portable use cases.
  16. Peterinvan

Which DAC/AMP combo for my Focal Clear OG ?

I believe the FiiO K7 (AKM) is very good value for money. I have powered it with a LPS for best performance. I does suffer from a non-linear volume control, but I have adjusted to making small movements in the 10:00 to 11:30 range. The sound profile suits my ears, especially driving the...
  17. Peterinvan

FiiO K7

Tested for you... Audeze LCD-XC from 4.4mm balanced. And Oppo PM3 from 3.5mm SE. At the same time. Both planers sound fine. The PM3s need a touch more on the knob to match volume. Besides, they are harder to drive. BTW... 1. I got used to the sensitive volume control. Not a problem. 2...
  18. Peterinvan

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

I could not justify the cost for Roon just for the playlists and the parametric EQ. After 7 years of enjoying curating my playlists on Tidal (MAX) it is now pretty good at offering up suggestions I like. I can download my playlists to my DAP. The only genres I don't like is HipHop, Metal, and...
  19. Peterinvan

What streaming service do you use?

I could not justify the cost for Roon just for the playlists and the parametric EQ. After 7 years of enjoying curating my playlists on Tidal (MAX) it is now pretty good at offering up suggestions I like. The only genre I don't like is HipHop and related Pop. It no longer tries to get me...
  20. Peterinvan

A surprise on Qobuz...

Chat GPT: aptX HD, developed by Qualcomm, supports high-resolution audio transmission over Bluetooth. It offers a maximum bitrate of up to 576 kbps, allowing for high-quality audio streaming. This higher bitrate compared to standard aptX allows for more detailed and accurate audio reproduction...
Top Bottom