Search results

1. C

Any downside to using balanced-to-unbalanced adapters instead of buying a device with a balanced input?

Hello everyone, I would like to buy an external amp for a Scarlett Solo audio interface. I would prefer the Topping L30 II for various reasons, but it has an unbalanced input as far as I know. Would there be any noticeable decline in sound quality, or a risk of damage to the gear - if I simply...
  2. C

Would I benefit from an audio interface?

(Please read the part of the text written in bold letters. I am not asking how much delay I should have or how to minimize delay on my system.) Hello everyone, I finally got my stage piano to work with Pianoteq 8 and the Topping DX1 and am now trying to figure out how much further I can...
  3. C

Upgrading a pair of Kali LP-6 or LP-8 to 5.1 surround?

Hello everyone, what would I generally need to upgrade a pair of Kali LP speakers to 5.1 surround? And how important would the quality of the three other speakers be? I mainly care about the sound from the Kali for music and want the surround mostly for entertainment purposes. The sound...
  4. C

Cheap DAC that measures well and has its own ASIO drivers?

Hello everyone, I finally got Pianoteq 8 to work propetly with my Topping DX1 and realized that a DAC absolutely needs it's own ASIO drivers to work properly with that software. ASIO4ALL doesn't work properly. I would like to buy a cheaper option than the Topping for a relative. There is no...
  5. C

Crackling and delay issue possibly due to DAC input buffer - fixes?

Hello everyone, I've made a similar post on the Modartt forums, but nobody has been able to help me, so I'm trying my luck here as this might not be an issue specific to the Pianoteq 8 software. Pianoteq 8 runs absolutely fine on all three of my systems running Windows 10 when I use the...
  6. C

ER2SE cable adapters to not have to resort to expensive stock cables or custom cables?

Hello everyone, I just bought a pair of ER2SE and would like to keep them. However, the stock cable is fragile and replacements cost about as much as the IEMs themselves. According to what I've read there still isn't a viable replacement option besides having one custom made by forum members...
  7. C

Topping DX1 price/performance good even if I don't need a DAC?

Hello everyone, I want to buy a moderately powerful desk amp for use with easy-to-drive headphones like the HD 560s. I just need a bit more volume than I can get from my laptop, and was originally planning to just buy an amp to attach to an apple dongle. I want volume control as well, and...
  8. C

Need help choosing the best approach to getting the desired volume out of my laptop and adding a DAC

Hello everyone, I often use a laptop to play my stage piano using the Pianoteq 8 software. However, the volume is way too low even if set to max, and even with the volume boosted by 10 db in the software (which causes atrocious crackling anyway). The volume is also much too low in general when...
  9. C

Kali LP 2nd Wave series alternative for a 49 m2 meter room

Hello everyone, is there a go-to recommendation like the Kali LPs for filling a medium-sized, 7x7 m room with good sound? I don't know yet what the source will be and whether or not they will have to be active speakers or not, so it would be great if you could give me options for both...
  10. C

Fiio E10K TC worth it over previous version?

[If a Moderator sees this, would you please move the thread to the Headphone Amp section? I accidentally posted it here. Thank you!] Hello everyone, I was wondering whether or would be worth it purchasing the latest Fiio E10K model called TC - used for 60 - euros over the previous Olympus 2...
  11. C

Best JDS Labs Atom+ alternative available in Europe at the moment?

Hello everyone, I want to buy a decent headphone amp for the purpose of making different headphones loud enough on quiet devices. When I add negative pre-amp gain the audio is sometimes much too quiet. That aside, I'd also like to have a volume knob to adjust the volume instead of having to...
  12. C

Externally increasing headphone volume for Kawai ES-100 digital piano, and connecting speakers

Hello everyone, I used to play on acoustic pianos all my life, but the next year I will have to play on a digital piano. I have a Kawai ES-100 I purchased years ago, and it's serviceable enough that I don't want invest time into looking for an upgrade. I do, however, an issue with it related...
  13. C

Currently best option for <50€ DAC/amp dongle or unit?

Hello everyone, Sorry if the answer to my question is already on the forum, but I couldn't find anything. I am looking for a fairly cheap backup DAC/amp (50 euros or less) mainly for use with a laptop, but potentially sometimes with an Android phone. It will be used only for headphones that...
Top Bottom