Search results

1. Pattern

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I received my replacements today. these definitely live up to the hype, I am absolutely thrilled with this purchase.
  2. Pattern

What headphone(s) do you own ?

rated in order of how often i use them: Currently own: Koss Porta-Pro: satisfying sound, very kind to low-fi and poor recordings, light weight, comfortable, and shockingly resilient given their build. great daily drivers for out and about. sometimes you want steak, but sometimes you just want a...
  3. Pattern

Yes, swapped cable sides, ears, and devices. Hopefully the replacement set come in working shape because the right ear piece sounds absolutely lovely.
  4. Pattern

Just got mine. Dead driver in the left ear piece
  5. Pattern

Having listened to them for years and years it's almost difficult to believe those measurements. Their bass isn't bad but I feel that in actual listening they definitely sound like they have a hard treble enphasis to me. I love them though mind you.
  6. Pattern

Less low end than a 7506? Excuse me while I doubt.
  7. Pattern

Which speaker setup best describes your primary audio system?

I would call my setup 2.2 semi active. It's a two channel passive setup with dual subwoofers however I am running the subs in stereo with a reletively high crossover point directly underneath and slightly behind the passive mains. This allowed me to run Dirac with my DDRC-24 as if I had two...
  8. Pattern

Speaker wires don't carry any energy (power).

They did this exact test in the follow up video
  9. Pattern

Upgrade from KEF LS50s

If you ran the two sets of subs in summed mono (upper bass pair both getting signal from channel 3 and lower range both getting signal from channel 4) I believe it should be possible, that's an interesting idea, especially if one used Rythmik FM-8s for the upper bass, as they are intended for...
  10. Pattern

Upgrade from KEF LS50s

Even a DIY solution with a calibrated mic and REW would be sufficient, but without that at minimum the best you can achieve by ear is "sounds good to me" and then begins the endless tweaking until you lose your mind hahaha.
  11. Pattern

Technics SB-F1 Review (Vintage Speaker)

I run a pair of Minimus on my desktop, impressive for their size in both sound and physical weight, you could kill somebody with these things.
  12. Pattern

Upgrade from KEF LS50s

I would not consider running subs without any kind of room correction personally, save for near field setups where you only need to dial it in for a single specific position such as your desk chair.
  13. Pattern

Upgrade from KEF LS50s

Its been a slow process rolling up this snowball of equipment and much of it is used. To give a rough estimate I have probably ~$3500 wrapped up in it, I haven't heard enough world class stereos to make a confident comparison but I can definitely say that I do believe this configuration punches...
  14. Pattern

Upgrade from KEF LS50s

I have chosen to run them in this way (each sub sits directly behind the stand for its respective KEF) for a few reasons, firstly, with the physical distance between the subs and their paired speaker being so short localization is a non issue because in the low frequencies our ability to...
  15. Pattern

Upgrade from KEF LS50s

I totally agree with this. I am running LS50s in 2.2 stereo (both KEFs have their own subwoofer) with a minidsp DDRC-24. Ive got the crossover set at a fairly high 180hz however localization is not an issue because the KEFs and their respective subs are 19 inches apart cone center to cone...
  16. Pattern

Cleaning up my system from Audiophile Snake Oil (Facepalm time)

Running a pair of them. Zero complaints
  17. Pattern

Who makes the most solid bookshelf enclosure?

Vanilla LS50s here. If I didn't know any better I would think it was a solid homogeneous block. The knuckle rap test on them is unbelievable.
  18. Pattern

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

I never used spotify for its fidelity in the first place. For me it is a music exploration tool.
Top Bottom