Search results

1. C

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Here is another question. I have a 399 I bought in the states and I'm wondering if there is an easy way to adapt it to the UK? It sounds like these amps aren't much available in the UK/Europe so I'm curious whether I can bring mine over to our place in the UK? It seems like the amp may need to...
  2. C

I recently purchased the 399 with BluOs module. I have Harbeth C7 XD speakers and had been using an earlier version of BlueSound Powernode and I was fascinated to see what if any difference in sound reproduction I'd notice. I come from the school that most well designed solid state amps are...
  3. C

The point I was trying to make is one box streaming integrated amps with dsp still seem priced relatively high. I can imagine looking at other hypex/purifi amps available now, we could see the 399 sort of feature set for closer to $1000 in a couple years. But who knows.
  4. C

I'm interested in a one box streaming integrated with dsp, so the 399 is hopeful. Still seems like we may be paying for R&D or somewhat early adapters with the pricing of these features. Read the first review I've come across of this today, sadly no objective testing. Luckily I'm not in a hurry...
  5. C

Reasonably priced streaming integrated with dsp

I considered this but want to be able to use the dsp feature and Amirm review here suggested that using this function on the amp degrades the performance: "...As a pure, analog integrated amplifier, the Yamaha R-N803 does well. It produces ample amount of power into 4 ohm with pretty low...
  6. C

I really appreciate the perspective you share here. It's one I've pondered. But at this point I've come down more on the side of a streaming integrated with some dsp, which I think I can find used for less than $2000, like NAD M10 A key learning, as I've reflected back on the many amps I've...
  7. C

Thx, I'd seen that review and was surprised at the difference between the right and left channel and why that would be with a seemingly well designed digital amp? And would these differences be audible with close listening? My Harbeth C7xd speakers are a relatively benign load to drive.
  8. C

There are many explanations from various sources. Not really sure how much of a difference we can hear with damping factor but generally it seems higher gives better control of speakers, especially bass. Here is an example explanation from KEF website: " Damping Factor (DF) is the amplifier’s...
  9. C

What is your ideal integrated amplifier?

I like this as well, just wish the Lyngdorf 1120 had a bit more power and better damping factor.
  10. C

I'm a new poster but have been reading ASReview for a few years, about time I joined. I am looking to upgrade from Powernode that I'm using to integrated with dsp and more power. What I am looking for is recommendation for a good: * one box solution * streaming integrated amp * with dsp *...
Top Bottom