Search results

1. M

How Much Subwoofer Is Enough?

Recently I felt compelled to upgrade the subwoofers in my main setup (prompted by audible chuffing during loud, heavy sub-bass material), and I ended up ordering a pair of Monolith 15" V2s a couple weeks ago as they were temporarily made available at a very appealing sales price. I was finally...
  2. M

High-Performance Desktop Actives - Neumann or Genelec?

Greetings, I work remotely often, and during project / busy work at my desk I generally listen to music. My current (and old) Klipsch ProMedia setup has served me well for a very long time, but last year I was fortunate to have installed what may very well be my end game speakers in my primary...
  3. M

Connecting High Quality Active Stereo Speakers to PC Sound Card

For over 10 years, my PC speaker setup has consisted of a Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speaker system connected to a Windows PC via a Sound Blaster card of some sort, which is currently a Sound Blaster Z. I am considering doing away with the multichannel speakers and going with an "end game" 2 channel...
  4. M

Gain Matching Subs w/ REW & MiniDSP - Mic Positions?

I'm about to embark on gain matching dual 15" subs using a 2x4 HD and UMIK-1. Since I don't have an easy means to haul around both subs to the same positions to gain match, I'd prefer to use the recommended method of measuring each sub in their normal positions with the mic positioned just in...
  5. M

Ascend Acoustics Announces New Klippel NFS-Optimized Sierra Towers and Horizon Center

As of this moment they haven't publicly uploaded measurements, but I've been using the new towers since April (I upgraded them from the standard towers) and the new Horizon center (brand new) for a little over a week, both with RAAL tweeters. It's been hard to keep my big mouth shut over the...
  6. M

FS: Revel F226Be (Pair) - MINT - Local Pickup in Burlington County, NJ - $4600

Up for sale is a pristine pair of Revel F226Be speakers in white gloss, retail price: $7700. These are extraordinarily well-balanced, dynamic, and detailed speakers for both music and HT applications. They excel at both low-volume background listening as well as loud, impactful HT audio and...
  7. M

Surround Speakers - Bookshelves Vs Bipole "Surrounds"

I've attached an extremely crude and not-to-scale sketch of my finished basement setup. The ceiling is acoustic tile and about 8' high. The setup is 5.2 and I have no plans to expand into Atmos. The couch is against the back wall, and due to various constraints of the room, the only place that...
  8. M

Basic 2 Channel Class D Power Amp?

I'm looking to offload some heavier lifting from my AVR in a secondary living room system when listening loudly to music. MLP is over 11' from two bookshelves (on the lower sensitivity side), so to have a "comfortable" amount of headroom when blasting out some busier tunes I'm looking for...
  9. M

Music Streaming - Amazon Firestick Vs HEOS - Quality Differences?

For 2 channel music streaming, I've been using Amazon Music HD, streamed over Wi-Fi from my phone's HEOS app to a Denon X4500H. I really don't like the HEOS interface at all, so I wanted to try streaming over the Amazon Music App, which is vastly better. In order to accomplish this, I picked up...
  10. M

Bookshelves Suitable For Listening Below Tweeter Height?

I'm attempting to upgrade my living room setup as my basement "theater" is seriously outclassing the small Definitive speakers I've been using upstairs. I have Sierra RAAL towers in the basement, and I'm quite find of their high end. This made it immediately tempting to grab the Sierra-2EXs for...
  11. M

Upgrade / Comparisons? Ascend Sierra RAAL Towers / Revel F226Be / F228Be

I am currently caught in an upgradeitis loop and am looking for some assistance in breaking free and moving on with my life. First, my 5.2 setup: Denon X4500H AVR Monolith 3X200 Amp for LRC Ascend Sierra Towers w/ RAAL upgrade Emotiva C2+ center (Horizon w/ RAAL on order) SVS Ultra surrounds...
Top Bottom