Search results

1. SemperUnum

What is the best quality/price headphones for 1500€ max ?

At the 1500 euro price range I found out that it gets quite personal which headphone best fits your needs. I don't think there is a "one size fits all" winner that will be the best for all the peoples different music tastes. At my local Headphone shop I tried several headphones at that price...
  2. SemperUnum

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

With my order the adapter, USB cable and rocker switch were all INCLUDED WITH "ATOM DAC":
  3. SemperUnum

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

This device has just the features I need: A good performing DAC that nicely matches the JDS Labs Atom headphone amp for a reasonable price. I ordered one as an aesthetic upgrade, it will replace the Khadas Tone Board I currently use.
  4. SemperUnum

Headphone health: should I switch off my headphone amp?

Thank you for your reply solderdude. When I turn the Atom on or off I can hear a relay clicking inside it right after doing that, is that a protection to prevent any spikes from reaching the headphone? The headphone itself is absolutely quiet when I turn the Atom on or off, no popping at all.
  5. SemperUnum

Headphone health: should I switch off my headphone amp?

Today I got myself a new headphone and it made me wonder what would be best for the long term health of that headphone: switch the amp off or leave it on when I'm not using it? And if I switch the amp on/off do I need to unplug the headphone beforehand? My current setup is a JDS Labs Atom...
  6. SemperUnum

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Hiding or just not publishing unconfirmed/unreliable data? Big difference.
  7. SemperUnum

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Zinc picolate seems to have the highest bioavailabilty when taken orally. Furthermore taking zinc supplements for a long time might be problematic for your health. It is linked to stomach and kidney damage and can even cause anemia due to decreased copper absorption. Also any form of zinc...
  8. SemperUnum

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Almost correct, only of the fruit is 75% processed and re-exported. And that total fruit export only accounts for about 7% of all agricultural exports. Most of the rest is NL grown/produced. Flowers take a top place by around 10% in those agricultural exports. One big example: NL is the...
  9. SemperUnum

You can bet those troops are working hard already due to increasing COVID-19 infections inside the various military forces and/or are already set in place for their local use. Also all under the radar (pun) to the press: several military force structures already provided what they could for...
  10. SemperUnum

They are equipped to handle NBC warfare in a military scenario on a battlefield. The equipment NATO uses for NBC warfare is not what hospitals are needing right now. As a hospital doctor the last thing you need is to climb into a full NBC hazmat suit and wear that for the rest of your working...
  11. SemperUnum

It's not NATO's job to help with this kind of healthcare cases. NATO better spend it's resources where they are the most effective: at it's military. Also you can bet there are many civilians helping each other out between the countries, so you (Spain) are already receiving help from many other...
  12. SemperUnum

Comments like this are understandable but are unfortunately coming from some underbelly feelings. Due to different measuring profiles and methods per country (like what do they really count as a COVID-19 death? How will the final curve be?) we will only know the final and complete results long...
  13. SemperUnum

So one has a vaccine with a high probability of working and the other has none? Also please explain why hospitals all around the world are getting overcrowded by SARS-CoV-2 patients while this does not happen with the flu?
  14. SemperUnum

Have Nordic countries (with mush less sun in the winter, hence less vitamin D) a higher mortality rate?
  15. SemperUnum

Crucial MX500 1TB SSD

Ah yes, that lovely tellurium-128 drive, great for long term storage. o_O;)
  16. SemperUnum

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

I found out that listening to a very transparent DAC made me up the volume since the sound was so clear and thereby giving me the false idea of the volume being lower than it really was, this caused me some listening fatigue when listening for a longer time. You might solve this with an EQ...
  17. SemperUnum

Age of Universe - Big Bang theory is childish and wrong

I was not aware of this yet, and it's lovely indeed! Thank you for sharing that information.
  18. SemperUnum

Age of Universe - Big Bang theory is childish and wrong

Here are some interesting things I found online that sparked my interest. Wigners friend: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigner%27s_friend Quantum foam: Furthermore I found out I was misinformed about some scientific facts that later turned out to be different from what I was told at...
  19. SemperUnum

250 hours and 5 day ‘settling in’!

And the sound always gets better in those reviews, it never seems to get worse. This might imply that the brain is pretty good at adjusting itself to a new acoustic environment.
  20. SemperUnum

Does DSD sound better than PCM?

Rests me to state that this thread has become a very interesting meeting of fundamental versus applied science. I learned a lot from these posts and I'm curious now to HQP.
Top Bottom