Search results

1. G

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Just to report back, I've received the firmware update tool after a long wait (no issues there, just noting). Also a note, download the file right away when you talk to support, the link they give you get's outdated after a month so you can't download it until you talk to support again (which...
  2. G

I don't think these kinds of topics are place in this thread. I get notified all the time thinking someone for example has tested the new firmware, or needs help with the D5. Currently it's getting bombarded with, "age ol' questions", that 99% won't get answered. P.S.: I know, I can turn off...
  3. G

Hm, I can't vouch for the headphone amp qualities. Seeing the mesurements here, I think it will be fine. I use Sabaj D5 as a preamp and dac with my Adam T7V, connected via balance cable. I have both SMSL SU-8 v1 and Sabaj D5. Sound wise, there isn't much difference to my ears. I haven't done...
  4. G

This is great! I'm waiting to see the differences before I contact Sabaj for my firmware update tool. Hope they've fixed the kinks.
  5. G

Thanks Ansad! Looking at the pdf, I must say that Sabaj made this really complicated unnecessarily. Why not use the usb port for flashing firmware? People will start requesting the upgrade tool, why not include it at the beginning? Or better yet, integrate it with the D5.
  6. G

Can you post a link Ansad and how to update the firmware?
  7. G

I also have v1.2 8/8/19. How do I get the firmware update thingy?
  8. G

This! I agree with the review in the aggregate. It made me chuckle a bit when I read that you have Mogami cables :D. I also rock Mogami's that I soldered (Small step for mankind, giant leap for me :D).
  9. G

Right, I mean, like I said. They are both really good. I would be perfectly happy with the SU-8. Like i can nitpick here and there (I think I heard something new on a track that I listen to a lot these days. But I didn't blind tested both DAC's) and to be quite frank it would be a different kind...
  10. G

Ok, I'm listening to my D5 for about a week. There are a few issues that I'm having. - My volume knob does not work sometimes. After I toggle my power switch (or reset the dac like it's in the manual), everything works again. To note, I can use the remote to lower the volume when the knob isn't...
  11. G

Review and Measurements of SMSL SU-8 DAC

Returning it to Massdrop would be a hassle, because I live in Serbia. It traveled for almost a month including customs checks etc. I'm quite happy with the sound though, I mean, I wouldn't return it/mod it unless it's a night and day type of thing. Just wanted to ask for your opinion on the...
  12. G

What's your verdict? Is the mod worth doing? I received my last week and have been enjoying it since. I think I have the same version as you and was wondering is there a major difference doing the mod?
  13. G

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

I hope Massdrop has the updated unit. I joined the drop before this one and it should be arriving soon.
  14. G

Is anyone using the SMSL SU-8 with Linux? Any issues to report?
Top Bottom