Search results

1. ChasingMayflys

Center for the ELAC DBR-62? (for home theater)

Ahh. I'd love to help with testing. But this would be my first system, and I'm more excited to get it home and use it than measure it! Perhaps in the future; I was thinking about getting some Yamaha studio monitors for a keyboard that we could measure. You seem very knowledgeable in the audio...
  2. ChasingMayflys

So you are recommending the Emotiva's over the highly regarded DBR-62? Is that just because the center is proven? Thanks for this! It looks like a very good guide. I was under the impression that the UCR52 was not great after reading Amir's review. Yet here it is recommended. Am I missing...
  3. ChasingMayflys

@Sancus So what would be the easy way then? Start with an Emotiva center and find something to match it? Or try to match a center to the DBR-62? I'm not sure these would play well together. I remember reading that the ELAC has a cloth dome tweeter and the c2 has a folded ribbon tweeter and thus...
  4. ChasingMayflys

This is mind blowing! Nobody talks about this in the home theater forums! Some guy on reddit said he is ordering 3 UBR62 with help from the ELAC support team. I can see how that would be quite awkward to put a 14" bookshelf speaker under your tv instead of the horizontal centers. But if you...
  5. ChasingMayflys

That's interesting. I was thinking that a proper center should be designed to be a center, but I guess that's not true?
  6. ChasingMayflys

I'm trying to develop my first home theater system. It seems everyone here loves these DBR-62 speakers, but I have read some reports here that the ELAC centers have issues. So what am I to do if I want to use these in my HT setup? Does the center speaker need to match the L/R as everyone says? I...
Top Bottom