Search results

1. VMAT4

$/dB SINAD @ 5 watts, is this a meaningful metric to anyone? Should it be noted in reviews? Or should those interested calculate it themselves?

Just as the title states. Let's discuss this. I think it's a good metric for value, assuming good reliability. Of course we know the adage about bad assumptions.
  2. VMAT4

Let's discuss A0. Yes? No? Maybe?

A0 is the lowest note on a standard 88 key piano. Its frequency is 27.5 Hz. Here's a link to a piece of music that "features" this note: So, if you listened to the piece or are already familiar with it, do you think one needs a subwoofer to enjoy A0? Let's omit synesthesia fro the...
  3. VMAT4

What's Smokin'

So, I'm smoking at Central PA's No. 1 hookah lounge. And, I thought I'd start this thread. I'm smoking Al Fakher peach. What're you smoking? (Please post nothing illegal in your local!)
  4. VMAT4

Emotiva Introduces BasX MR1 Home Theater Receiver

This piece features a Sharc DSP chip and Class H power amplification. It, unfortunately, uses EmoQ room correction as opposed to Dirac. I have to wonder why not a 2.1 receiver with Dirac and Class H power amplification? I posted a poll on their forums some years ago about whether the company...
  5. VMAT4

Peachtree Carina is Introduced

I suspect at the $2000 introductory price this is overpriced also at the $2500 full price Here's a link.
  6. VMAT4

When Placing Speakers in Narrow Room Sacrifice Distance Between Speakers or Distance from Side Walls?

I guess this is a rather general question. I'm in this situation currently. I sacrificed distance between speakers to get another six inches off of each side wall to vertical center lines of the speakers. But, what would you do?
  7. VMAT4

All I Need Is A Good Clean 80 wpc! Are We There Yet?

Apos emailed me that they are now offering the S.M.S.L A300 for sale. Here's a link to the company product page. At under $200 this is very competitive for 85 wpc at 1% THD. But, is this the good clean 80 wpc I'm talking about? Or, are one or two generations away from it. Your opinions, please.
  8. VMAT4

Texas Instruments Will Take a Bite Out Of the Chip Shortage

TI Breaks Ground on New Plant.
  9. VMAT4

Desk FX Plus by NCH Any Other Users?

Anyone else using this? I got it out of desperation, when I couldn't get Equalizer APO to work with Windows 11. The interface could be better. I have to use the Windows Magnifier with it. I think I like it. Here's a link.
  10. VMAT4

Cat News?

Maryland Becomes 2nd U.S. State to Ban Declawing Cats
  11. VMAT4

Here's a Paper of Interest

Considering many of us read these forums on a laptop while listening to music, according to this paper we're lucky if we fully understand what we read here.
  12. VMAT4

The Grammys' Broadcast

Like this post if you couldn't care less about this broadcast.
  13. VMAT4

Concertino, is this the Apple app Primephonic users have been waiting for?

I found this app on the App Store. It works with Apple Music. Folks with “iProducts” may want to give it a try out.
  14. VMAT4

Has Anyone Noticed These on Amazon?

I thought these speaker stands were interesting. But, the twelve inch height was useless, maybe not. 6 inch, 24 inch & higher would be nice. Here these are.
  15. VMAT4

Another Nail in the Coffin of Objectivity

This may be of interest.
  16. VMAT4

The End of The Objective Point of View?

See this link.
  17. VMAT4

Tony Rice Died on Christmas Day

I suspect there are not many Blugrass listeners on these forums. But Tony Rice is a musician of note. Please see this obituary.
  18. VMAT4

Where Have All the Serious Audiophiles Gone?

Anyone want one of these? Are you serious? More info here.
  19. VMAT4

Any Volumio users out there?

I have a couple of questions. 1) How do you like it? 2) Does Volumio work with Idagio or Primephonic?
Top Bottom