Search results

1. 0

Phono Amp and Speaker set up with limited budget help.

Hi Glen thanks for the reply. My turntable comes with a RCA cable set as far as I know. So is that sufficient or would I need anything else?
  2. 0

Thanks for your insight. I do want to get a somewhat competent set up for my vinyl. But it doesn't need to be absolutely perfect audiophile. A set up max €3,000 spread out over years of upgrading is probably all I'll spend. I certainly won't be buying a 10k set up unless I become rich. It's just...
  3. 0

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if I'll need to buy any extra cables like extra RCA cables or extenders or a RCA to AUX adapter or anything. I'll be hopefully placing the speakers about a metre from the turntable. Though I'm happy with them next to each other if need be. Also thank you...
  4. 0

That thing looks cool and I could get one it's roughly €150 plus €150 shipping from the US and I don't think that included import duties. I would still need a speaker afterwards too. So I don't think it's feasible or even worthwhile at that price unfortunately.
  5. 0

I thought it was the YU4 you mentioned, not the YU6. I doubt I can afford the YU6 on my budget as they're about €70 more. I'll look into though.
  6. 0

That's all true and certainly something to think about. However I will likely be getting a more robust hifi system later on in which those considerations will be necessary. I think the YU6 or similar is all I need for now. I can always reuse these speakers for something else later on when I...
  7. 0

Great that seems to be the most simple solution. Do you have any idea on the quality of the speakers?
  8. 0

Could you perhaps confirm that I am correct in assuming that the pre amp and are built in and I'll I have to do is connect my turntable to those speakers and nothing else. If so im pretty happy to go with them if that's what people think.
  9. 0

Yeah so my understanding would be that the RT83 (which has no integrated pre amp) could just directly connect into them since from what I understand those speakers have an integrated phono amp and amplifier. Is that correct? They appear to be in budget too. Thanks for the suggestion! Im not...
  10. 0

Hi thanks for the reply but unfortunately I'm not too sure what you're talking about in context to my turntable as the RT83 has no pre-amp. I was enquiring about connecting my RT86 directly into a sound bar via a phono input as it would have in integrated phono amp. I'm not sure if that's even...
  11. 0

That's a fair configuration and something I've considered but like you I'm not too knowledgable on integrated receivers (I think that's the term) and would need advice on what to get. Plus I do not think I'd afford such a receiver AND speakers. But maybe it's possible. I mean this would...
  12. 0

You clearly know your stuff but I presume you're a fan of digital formats like CDs? Vinyl has a warmer quality to its sound. Plus I find it's way more fun to collect as you get lovely art on the sleeve, usually a booklet with lyrics and sometimes other extras. CDs are much smaller and their...
  13. 0

No it's a fair question. It was going to sell out and after much research it was the one I was going to get. I had a more substantial budget planned. But something I didn't expect got in the way and now my budget it cut. I could just hold off and wait until I've saved up more and then buy what...
  14. 0

This is a newbie question but from a quick Google on using soundbars with turntables. It seems like most of them have phono input. Would this mean I wouldn't need a phono amp at all since it's integrated into the soundbar? That seemed to be what the guides were suggesting anyhow. Not that all of...
  15. 0

Okay thanks so what would you recommend for a phono amp if I went down that route?
  16. 0

Hey thanks for the advice. However I am from Ireland. It would cost far too much to import that from the USA. It's not being sold on any European sites from what I can see. But judging from the price I'd say it would only be slightly less expensive than the RT83 and the difference would probably...
  17. 0

Hi! I was actually looking at that phono amp myself during my research. It does look good for the price and Pro-Ject are trustworthy. As for the soundbar, are you sure that would be wise? Aren't sound bars usually supplementary to already having a stereo setup? I don't imagine they would...
  18. 0

Hi appreciate the response however the XPS1 doesn't seem to be for sale in Europe, I only see American sellers when I Google it. The rokit 5 g4 look pretty cool but they're €250 approximately by European sellers so they're probably out of my budget unless I compensate on my phono amp which...
  19. 0

I will add this is for a somewhat small bedroom. Another consideration would be to get a headphone phono amp set up until I save up for my proper system. But I really have no idea about what to look for with them.
  20. 0

Hi perhaps someone here can help me. I have recently purchased a Fluance RT83 as I am just getting into vinyl and I want to eventually build up to an audiophile set up but I'm starting off slowly. I initially had an additional €700 budget to get a Phono Amp, Receiver and Passive Speakers, with...
Top Bottom