Search results

1. D

Do I need a physical volume control in my setup? If so, should I just change my streamer?

Hi all, I have the following and am very happy with the sound quality, however, the only volume control I have is digital via Roon. Allo USBRIDGE - Network into USB transport for Roon Matrix Audio X Sabre Pro MQA DAC Nord One NCx500ST Stereo Power Amplifier REL Storm sub - Connected directly...
  2. D

Will NC1200 vs NCx500 sound the same but just more power?

Hi, I'm currently considering the Nord NCx500DM (dual mono stereo) vs an ex-demo Nord NC1200DM (dual mono stereo). The NC1200DM RRP is much higher than the NCx500DM, but will they sound the same? And is it only more power that is the main difference? Thanks in advance.
  3. D

About to buy Nord class D - how to decide input buffer?

Hi all, I think I'm about to pull the trigger on either NOird Mono blocs MKII x 2 (Nord's input buffer) OR 1 x dual mono stereo MKII (Nord's input buffer). However, when you select the Nord Rev D input board, you have a choice of either: Sparkos 2590 Sonic Imagery 990 Nord says the Sparkos is...
  4. D

How do I know if my DAC can plug straight into a power amp?

What determines if a DAC can be plugged straight into a power amp or not? If it a physical volume button? Any other factors? Thanks
  5. D

Is Benchmark AHB2 power a good buy for me?

Hi, I'm looking to drive a pair of 'large' bookshelves - Monitor Audio PL100 Platinums (https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/support/past-products/platinum/pl100/) I have a Matrix Audio X Sabre Pro MQA DAC into a Meridian pre-amp, streaming music from Roon... I believe I could plug the Sabre...
  6. D

New Musical Fidelity MX-Stream

This looks quite interesting, a USB Transport for people with USB DACs https://www.musicalfidelity.com/mx-stream
  7. D

Network streamer, USB or I2S output? Feeding into Matrix Audio Sabre Pro.

I've just got myself a new DAC, Matrix Audio Sabre Pro and I'm looking at various network streamers to act as the Roon endpoint and feed my new DAC. The Sabre Pro has an I2S input as well as USB, is I2S better than USB? Should I discard network streamers with only USB output and only consider...
  8. D

Alternative to Pi solutions for dedicated network streamer with USB output that is Roon Ready?

Hi, I've just bought a Matrix Audio Sabre X Pro and wondering what the options are for a non-Pi network streamer with USB output that Roon Ready? Basically ethernet cable input to USB output for my new DAC. I've already got an Allo DigiOne Signature player and whilst it works great when...
Top Bottom