Search results

1. S

Integr. Amps: Rotel A12 vs NAD 368?

For cds: classical, jazz, opera is the NAD worth the extra $500 in living room listening?
  2. S

Advice needed on mid-priced INTEGRATED AMP for classical CD listener with Joseph RM7-si speakers

At this point I really only care about which amp to purchase the Rotel A12 or NAD 368 for listening with my Joseph speakers AND classical, jazz, opera and then which TUNER for the FM? Rotel T11 I thought as tuner? But it's the amp that I am concerned and price is $799 Rotel and NAD is $1199...
  3. S

Advice needed on mid-priced INTEGRATED AMP for classical CD listener with Joseph RM7-si speakers

Hello again, I am in early 70's (no hearing loss) who has currently Luxman receiver (FM dying/cutting out) and is replacing with integ amp and tuner for FM listening and cd collection of CLASSICALMUSIC and OPERA and JAZZ. ( I have not yet subscribed to streaming.) I have Joseph RM7 speakers and...
  4. S

Lower Cost Stereo Receivers - excluding AV units

Thank all again for the input. Based on what all have recommended (and there's lots of variety in that!) what if I spent more money on a receiver as it seems that the low-mid priced are problematic with the speaker sound not being as good as the 'older' receivers. So if I spent more maybe $1k...
  5. S

And my Luxman is NOT a great power house it is model R-341 (year 1992) I wonder how much more quality sound I'd get by ANY of the above receivers which are ~ 100 watts?? R-341 (not knowing what any of below means in terms of listening quality except for power output) Power output: 35 watts per...
  6. S

Wow thanks all, it does send me in circles to know HOW to choose still! I do need the FM and connection for cd player and tape deck. The turntable is Thorens TD 166 (but I haven't used it in years). Crutchfield recommended: Yamaha R-N 803 and I asked on the 303 and he said slight difference...
  7. S

I spoke to Crutchfield and they offered me THD lowest % for several Yamaha receivers and Denon and said the lowe that % is the better the sound and again the prices were low $200 to mid $700.
  8. S

I don't understand the complexities of the difference between a $160 receiver like the Sony or the Cambridge which is $400 and others like Yamaha that are also $160 - $700... I would assume there really are listening differences ??? but what actually counts in their specs for the listening to...
  9. S

Many thanks so much for the info which in this moment is way over my head but I will google what items you recommended to get a better understanding. I have Joseph Audio RM7si (1996) speakers and they look in great condition, no issues with the cones that I can see. Problem in NYC is...
  10. S

I am a novice and am trying to replace an old Luxman am/fm stereo receiver as the radio now cuts out and I'm told it is probably too old. I have older bookshelf speakers (valued $1200), and cd player, and manual older turntable. I do NOT want HOME THEATER I only want a good sound and capable...
Top Bottom