Search results

1. J

Does Anyone in the US have any of the newer Luxman Integrateds, and if so...

... I'll pay shipping to Amir and back, for review. Edit: changed thread title to any recent Luxman Integrateds. Also I will pay for a local repair man to check the unit upon return for any obvious damage. Any fixes however I wouldn't cover.
  2. J

The Yamaha R-N803 seems to be just a total winner - What am I missing...?

So, this amp has scored right near the top of 'very good' in the SINAD list: (In pure-direct mode). Its looks are among the best out there, if you like 'classic' or 'vintage' looks: Its streaming options are as comprehensive as anything else, It's plenty powerful, And it costs US 700...
  3. J

Basic EQ in 2 channel Receivers which already have DSP ... Should be by Law

Why on earth would a receiver which already has room-measuring EQ circuitry, completely omit a basic graphic EQ function? I'm talking about you, Yamaha RN803 So it's a great amp overall, nice test results in pure-direct mode, great classic looks and gorgeous in silver. And it has a ton of...
  4. J

Do any Speakers emulate the 90s Acoustic Research 'Holographic' Upward Tilted Woofer but Horizontal Tweeter?

Does anyone recall the Acoustic Research 'holographic imaging' series of loudspeakers? I have two pairs of the M1s (the smallest in the series and the most highly rated) - and they remain stellar performers. The size of the stage, the placement of instruments and spaciousness of the sound still...
  5. J

Studio Electric M4 Speakers

Hi all, After looking for a sealed-box stand-mount speaker, I found the maker Studio Electric based in Michigan. What made me 'sit up and take notice' is that when Benchmark decided to put out a speaker, this was the maker to whom they turned. So after reading reviews all of which were...
  6. J

Integrated amps made in the UK/US/EU

For a good and quite powerful integrated amp, my dealer has suggested the Rega Aethos. Living in a smaller city in Australia, I don't have a huge range to choose from. I'm attracted by the fact it is designed and 'assembled' in the UK. But does anyone have any knowledge on the extent to which...
  7. J

Rega Aethos - some basic measurements here... and help

Hi all, I'm a complete n00b, with no electronics knowledge. However I couldn't be more impressed with this site, what a blessed relief from all the absurd posturing of hi-fi 'review' sites out there... I'm considering a Rega Aethos integrated amp, to replace a Denon AVR x3700H (which can then...
Top Bottom