Search results

1. D

World's best DAC Dongle for DAC quality only? Driving car line-in, so amp performance irrelevant?

Yes, still didn't make it to bed... Android phone is source, but is doing sat-nav duties as well while driving. Which is why a dongle that can take USB-C power in, and provide it to the phone is useful (so my GPS doesn't run out of battery). And mic-in is useful, because the current £20 dongle...
  2. D

World's best DAC Dongle for DAC quality only? Driving car line-in, so amp performance irrelevant?

What popular DACs allow mic-in other than the Qudelix 5K? Do any of those allow USB-C charging cable to be plugged into them, and to provide that power back to the phone?
  3. D

Yes, right hand, and probably 8 hours ahead of you, so at nearly 4am I must go to bed now, up in 5hrs... Thanks so much all for the advice. If anyone has any other suggestions please do let me know! The one thing this has got me thinking is to consider the other features more than just some...
  4. D

Mmmm. I looked at that thing 4 years ago when I was upgrading my last car, and decided probably the most useful aspect was time delay, but that probably wasn't worth the money. But now you are annoyingly getting me thinking that's probably the way forward! So I now I need to find USB-C to...
  5. D

Oh wow. I kind of want to ask what is the point of all the reviews then, but I think that is too dangerous a question. Ahh, I think Chrispy just answered that with the purity point anyway. Lol. Good point, and 2 months ago I would have said no. But I've been having digestive issues for the...
  6. D

What about my first question - Am I correct that to drive line-in, the power of the Dongle's amplifier does not matter much, because it is essentially not needing to do much work to simply provide a line-level output, as the car's amp will obviously be doing the amplification? Wikipedia confused...
  7. D

You are right, the first 12 months of having the car I hardly listened to any music... But now I do 500 miles/week, it's become a bit of a necessity on motorways/highways. And no, the engine is so loud none of that artificial engine sound rubbish is needed!! Surely the DAC has to make quite a...
  8. D

Yes, the engine is so loud my signal to noise ratio is going to suck anyway, but I really thought if anywhere I could find people championing getting the highest possible audio quality, it would be here!! I think the head unit will have an impact on jitter & timing (hence probably skip it out of...
  9. D

Yes oh that beautiful S85. And the not so beautiful 12mpg when you do 500 miles/week... The stock head unit is old tech, so no bluetooth, and even if there was, I really wouldn't want bluetooth due to the compression. Sorry, I'm a real audiophile nerd... I've actually just spent $1k yesterday...
  10. D

Thanks, yes I've seen that recommended a lot on this forum. But I feel there must be something better - I know Dongle form factor will be a limiting factor, but given my in-home DAC rivals $10k ones, surely I can do better than a $50 one for my car... And at least the THX Onyx seems to unlock...
  11. D

Thanks for your reply. Obviously SINAD of the amp could be greatly improved - as I mentioned I am planning to massively upgrade the system (amp & speakers) in the next few months. But the current system is also quite good for an in-car system. I want to start with the DAC, because source is...
  12. D

I have a use case which I feel is perhaps very common, but not commented upon much in Amir's amazing reviews here. I want the world's best audio quality DAC Dongle to use in my in-car setup. The DAC will sit between my Android phone (Fold 2) and the 'aux in' of my car (BMW M6 E64 2008). As the...
Top Bottom