Search results

1. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

hq player settings are very extensive. Start with the simplest option, without roon, with the DAC connected directly to the PC
  2. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

More on the topic, earlier I said that Hq player sounds better offline without Roon. Let me remind you that my installation is a simple Gustard X26 pro DAC and a Lenovo i5 laptop. So, in addition, I will say that I also listened to Foobar2000, Roon, Tidal in my system Desktop, in addition, I...
  3. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

in my experience it turned out to be interesting in general, I bought gustard x26 pro just because of its advanced input part, but it turned out that I did this processing to the program .... (almost all, there is no direct dsd there if I'm not mistaken)
  4. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

yes, besides me, two more people noticed this .... But I repeat the difference is how small, barely perceptible, mainly in the HF range ....
  5. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

yes, I agree with you, without measurements, my words are just words. But I just urge you to try such experiments in my system as mine. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to measure myself. But what can I add, I have a HF fountek neo cd 2.0 and are powered by a separate ultra-linear amplifier from...
  6. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

Good afternoon everyone, I want to add on the topic, after the time that I use hq player, I compared two use cases, the first is a bunch of roon + hq player, and the second is hq player in himself mode, and so, hq player without roon, the sound is better, and this is noticeable in my system...
  7. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

now I use it all the time, I plan to build a more powerful computer in order to use more advanced modulators and filters and a separate NAA node
  8. I

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

And I will clarify this experience with my DAC and Lenovo laptop. I admit that maybe my laptop, not being a dedicated audio transport, may somehow stream PCM worse than DSD. Perhaps with other sources for the DAC, the difference from using HQplayer would not be so noticeable....
  9. I

What do I do next, this is a technical forum, I think to myself, or maybe this is not an improvement at all, but some kind of nice color, like in the case of tube amplifiers .... And here the HQ player settings help me, there you can set support 48 DSD (adaptive output rate), x26pro supports...
  10. I

Good afternoon everyone, in general, I did some analysis of the work of my x26pro along with the hqplayer program. I did blind tests and 10 out of 10 guessed the sound without converting to dsd and with conversion. Once again, when a PCM source simply increases the sampling rate, this doesn’t...
  11. I

well, I need to analyze this moment .... but the difference in presentation was ...
  12. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

yes, of course, a blind test will help, I'll do it for a free period for now
  13. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

I will also add, perhaps the differences were due to other filters that the software gives ... in any case, I have 30 days to understand what's what ....
  14. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

I do not pretend to be the ultimate truth. But I repeat that when everything in PCM upsampling does not give anything, then I agree with you, but the conversion to dsd was noticeable, I have bi-amping, the mid-high frequency amplifier has lower distortion than the DAC, and I have a fountek neo...
  15. I

Good day to all ! Today I tried HQplayer. Without ROON yet, I used my PC Lenovo with WIN10 with GUSTARD X26pro DAC output. I really liked this program because listening to my local files all day I noticed that simply resampling from 44.1 kHz to 705.6 or 768 kHz is not very noticeable to the ear...
  16. I

HQplayer - do I need it?

Good day to all ! Today I tried HQplayer. Without ROON yet, I used my PC Lenovo with WIN10 with GUSTARD X26pro DAC output. I really liked this program because listening to my local files all day I noticed that simply resampling from 44.1 kHz to 705.6 or 768 kHz is not very noticeable to the ear...
  17. I

Gustard X26Pro firmware release (F20 beta)

it can be used if you need to implement 2 usb inputs, one on the DAC and one on the converter....
  18. I

Gustard X26Pro firmware release (F20 beta)

And you turn on Tidal HI FI instead of master , and on tracks with MQA, the DAC should display MQA ..... I also had this on android devices with TIDAL.... But in general, when The DAC displays OFS which means it is a renderer and the first decode happens before the DAC. I determined this when...
Top Bottom