Search results

1. Killingbeans

Field-coil drivers, pros and cons. Relics of the past, or still relevant?

I've been thinking about so called Field-Coil speaker drivers lately. Or "electromagnet drivers" as some seem to label them. Do they have any technical benefits that make them worth the extra expense and trouble? Nearly all info I can find online is vague mentionings of their superior "sound"...
  2. Killingbeans

Food/snacks/candy that would literally be the death of you...

... if you had zero impulse control. I'll go first: 1. Marzipan loafs, chocolate covered. Can't stop eating this stuff. Not sure what would kill me first; stomach rupture or hydrogen cyanide poisoning. 2. Plain salted potatoe crisps/chips (a bit of crushed pepper doesn't hurt). As I've grown...
  3. Killingbeans

Can useful knowledge be gained via subjectivity?

All right, I'm starting a new thread in responce to this post in the DX3 Pro+ thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-dx3-pro-review-dac-headphone-amp.27148/page-22#post-977727 I don't want to continue going off topic. Not sure whether it fits in this...
  4. Killingbeans

Interest check: Leather headbands for AKG K240/271 + clones

My daily driver pair of headphones is a Samson SR850. I love the sound, but the wear comfort was not to my liking out-of-the-box. I have big ears and a bald head, and the SR850 has some relatively small and rough velour earpads and a hard plastic headband. I fixed the ear comfort with a set of...
  5. Killingbeans

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

First off I'd like to make it clear that transducers/drivers is a subject that my expertise doesn't cover very well. In other words, if I happen to ask some hopelessly trivial questions or get giddy about next to nothing, feel free to answer with something in the line of: "Read this book/article...
  6. Killingbeans

Hi from an overconfident amateur!

Hi everybody! Stubbled upon this site while looking for information about the Topping D50 and couldn't believe my luck :D I'm an Electronics Technician from Denmark who has mostly been working with non-audio things and predominantly in the digital domain, but my dad had caught the DIY Hi-Fi...
Top Bottom