Search results

1. U

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Maybe, but the amp works perfectly with a D50s in a different room. I need to do some more testing to isolate the issue better.
  2. U

Interesting, maybe I just didn't lower the dB enough to notice a difference (tried at -15db and seemed to be same at 0db). I'll try again tonight and see if that solves it. I should say, I can hear the hum crackle even when music isn't playing.... but only when it's connected to the d70s...
  3. U

Didn't solve the problem - Still getting hum/crackle and doesn't seem to change when I lower the db's on the d70s. Pretty sure it's the 2.5V hotness.
  4. U

he6se v2, has anyone tried it?

Perhaps, but I think they're firmly in the $1K-2K range in terms of sound quality (and MSRP). Since that post, I've been able to compare against TH900s and LCD-2 and they're right up there, if not better than those headphones to my ear (definitely preferable to the LCD-2, TH900 has some...
  5. U

Lowering the decibels digitally on the d70s did not appear to solve the problem. I tried swapping tubes, changing power outlets, and adjusting settings before I realized the issue might be with the output voltage. Then I tried with a different dac outputting the normal 2V and didn't experience...
  6. U

Damn, I love my Topping d70s paired with a Jot2 (balanced) and a TA-30 (RCA). However, the 2.5V RCA output seems to be screwing with a Woo WA6 amp I recently picked up. Amp works fine with normal 2V dac output, but when I connect to the d70s, getting audible hum/crackling. Not end of the world...
  7. U

Amplification and The HE6se v2

I don't think the drivers are touching the magnet on my set (doesn't look that way at least), but I am noticing some fairly significant channel imbalance from 20-80ish Hz (20-50 more severe than 50-80). From there the channel balance seems strong up until some mismatching peaks in the 12-16 kHz...
  8. U

Wow, that is bad channel matching! I wonder if it's just a bad unit/driver or indicative of the whole V2 line. I wish I had a rig to test mine on.
  9. U

Meze Liric Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Besides, imho, the biggest differences between headphones are in how they present the music and frequency response is just a part of that. The differences in tonality, timbre, note decay, macro and micro dynamics, note impact, imaging, soundstage height, width, and depth. Frequency response is...
  10. U

Most people like pop radio music, do you?
  11. U

Couldn't disagree more. Variety is the spice of life and consumers don't want the robots making decisions for us. Some like it warm, some like it cold. Some like it thick, some like it thin. Some like bass, some like treble, some like mids. Some like super wide soundstage, some like more...
  12. U

he6se v2, has anyone tried it?

First of all, I love these headphones. Have had them for them for almost a year and couldn't be happier with the purchase and value. Haven't compared them side-by-side against other $1k+ headphones, but they made me immediately sell my Sennheiser 600's (that and my bh crack broke :() and I...
  13. U

Check out the Xduoo TA-30 if you're looking to buy an amp for the HE6se. I have the TA-30 and a THX 789 and generally prefer the sound from Xduoo. To my ears it tames that occasionally strident treble, but I'm pretty sensitive to treble so take it for what it's worth. The main draw of the TA-30...
  14. U

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

Why would this hardly informative and highly subjective review make you keep or sell a set of headphones that you already own and have listened to yourself with your own ears?
  15. U

Awesome, thanks for sharing I appreciate it! Even if others here think they already know everything there is to know through 6 graphs.
  16. U

Please do lol, I'm in the boat of deciding between a d70s and d90 and would appreciate your insight. Even if I do think any cable testing should be done in a blind test to validate results hehe.
  17. U

Review and Measurements of Cavalli Liquid Carbon X

You must be the James Randi of audiophiles (that's not a bad thing). But if it's all bias and "in our head" and objective measurements tell the whole story, we'd all be using the same headphones, no eq and good tube amps wouldn't be so sought after. I think as someone who tested quite a bit of...
  18. U

Yeah fair enough, I suppose if they market it as such they should deliver. I just think folks need to listen to an amp/dac/cans (understandably not always easy to do) before judging if they sound like crap. Not to say you don't perform a great service, because you do and measurements definitely...
  19. U

From what I can tell, one of the signatures of the original Liquid Carbon amps and Cavelli house sound is a slightly colored, tube-like sound that slightly emphasizes bass. That means distortion, it's why tube amps can be amazing and euphonic right? I don't understand why people would be chasing...
  20. U

To be fair, they did explicitly say on the Massdrop site and other places (Cavalli himself) that this amp is meant to be used with balanced headphones and that the SE output is for convenience mostly. I don't know if that would change any of the measurements, but did want to put that out there.
Top Bottom