Search results

1. T

Denon DRA-800H Review (Stereo Receiver)

I have tried several different HDMI cables and still the issue persists. Random switch offs. I have fixed a few things. Found my TV was set to 50% on the PCM output. And have upped the gain a few dB on the TV Audio source. Plus found the amp was in eco mode and had some weird stereo mode on...
  2. T

A small update. This Denon DRA 800H is a little underwhelming. The sound is actually clean enough to my ears but there's no feeling of weight or oomph. I think their power rating scale is like an Italian speedometer... Also the HDMI arc CEC is frustrating and unreliable. Probably the pairing of...
  3. T

I felt the same after reading about the Hegel. I guess it's just eye opening at the low levels of engineering that goes into consumer level gear. I know the measurements don't tell the whole story, but I think they provide a good insight into the quality and design. And if you have to make a...
  4. T

Correct, I have really answered my own question. And yes, my home is no hushed recording studio. Room treatment consists of toy cars and barbie dolls strewn all over the floor (minutes after tidying). I'd be quite interested in analysing the Denon once I get it in my home and setup. And test...
  5. T

Hi! First post here, and a somewhat sheepish one... I signed up just to comment on this thread. I just purchased one of these Denon DRA-800H receivers yesterday, before reading this. Thing is, I walked into a retailer with a specific want list. Some kind of hub that I connect to my TV for TV...
Top Bottom