Search results

1. D

Peter Walkers Quad

I have just been toggling between the Quad site specs, for the two amps. If I am correctly seeing that rated output power for the stereo is 140 into 8 ohms with less than 1% THD, and the mono is, 300 into 8 with 1% THD? Could that be saying that the stereo will be putting out more power than the...
  2. D

Peter Walkers Quad

Thank you both. Power supply is something I'm trying to get my head around, with regards to output power. I think, another thank you to this site, from me!!!!!:)
  3. D

Peter Walkers Quad

I know that it isn't remotely, his Quad company after all these years!:) However, can you guys who understand the technicalities of amplifier specifications, explain to me why the current Artera mono amp. appears to be far more powerful than the Stereo version. This is going by the figures on...
  4. D

Stereophile and Audio Cables

How does the half and half perception work out, in relation to the current state of our own poll, do you think?
  5. D

I've seen the light!

Pleased to hear that you are confident with your retailer. I in fact have used a Qutest for some years and am content. Should it fail would likely replace it with an RME product. Slightly cheaper, and also with a good reputation. I suppose that I am saying I still have doubts about the...
  6. D

ATC speakers / Monitors

Probably quite easy to be a Taylor Swift fanboy Keith! :)
  7. D

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

I think a better actual voice than Joplin. But who's counting! :)
  8. D

Spirits, what you drinking...

Good God You have started early Dood! :)
  9. D

Must correct myself! "All my troubles seemed so far away"! :rolleyes:
  10. D

I found that at Absinthe strength, Absinthe, "all my troubles went away!" :cool:
  11. D

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

BBC radio four news, morning and evening. Hand wringing, then quick acceptance that we can't do anything about it. Could take my eighty year old a*** on a march, but don't see that happening. Of course, vote when the General election is called. Although in our constituency, my vote will count...
  12. D

Tom Danley’s new Hyperion

With this spec, aren't these, the, end of times, speaker? And also, end of life, for any husband who tries to sneak them into the family home?
  13. D

Subwoofer for music only, for placement in corner, 700€ Budget

I mustn't side track this thread Chr1. Before your comment, never heard of them. Checked their website, and they do look great value, compared to REL, which I am currently using. Thank you for the heads up.
  14. D

It's the 48.5% alcohol which appeals to me!:cool:
  15. D

Sorry John, just missed your reply :rolleyes:
  16. D

Kylie apparently at the Brits last night.
  17. D

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Yesterday I had a look at your website and products. Can I say that I was hugely impressed. The small speaker with two of your sub options appears to be perfect. On price, performance and warranty. As a UK person I would certainly be prepared to buy from a Norwegian manufacturer. Having said...
  18. D

Sugden a21se

For my sins, I have just checked What Hifi! :facepalm: Can't see that my products have been reviewed by them.
Top Bottom