Search results

1. J

Interesting YouTube channels that you watch and follow.

Some quite amazing and poignant interviews from life's darker side. https://www.youtube.com/@SoftWhiteUnderbelly/playlists
  2. J

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Topping E30 ii Topping L30 ii Sennheiser HD560s. Looking to get when I can afford them and invest the time to learn how to use them a minidsp of some flavour and measuring mic.
  3. J

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

chris de burgh, lady in red for instance is nauseating saccharine garbage. Most of elton john, especially later stuff, candle in the wind= pass the vomit bucket. Later post faces Rod stewart. I could go on all day.
  4. J

What do you prefer? Headphones or Speakers

I've been looking at planer magnetics and Hifiman of some flavour is what I was thinking of getting for a future upgrade, but still I don't think it'll scratch that itch like speakers do, but I have heard that the bass is good. Although I can get the Sennheiser's hd560s eq boosted a bit, too...
  5. J

That's very interesting, and I appreciate the alternative, but I don't think at this time its practical for me, maybe in the future...
  6. J

I get a soundstage with the Sennheiser's, its still in my head but kind of on the boundary of it, over the top of my scull and on some tracks (Crystal, New order) in circles front to back.
  7. J

Although early I can see a consensus forming, one which I tend to side with. Every time I put my headphones on ( Sennheiser hd 560s) I find them ok but end up wishing I could listen to my mains,( not brilliant but quite ok Elac debut 6.2s + bk electronics sub) respect to my neighbours prevents...
  8. J

For those who have both what they consider decent headphones and speakers (with or without subwoofer); which do you prefer and why? Do you find speakers more exciting? headphones give a better illusion of soundstage? speakers too affected by the room? headphones lack bass?
  9. J

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

This is what I received from Audio Affair in the UK December 2022, No problem with the shorter cable and connectors but would be livid if I found out there was a driver downgrade.
  10. J

WiiM Pro Streamer

Bit of a killer for me, but at least maybe in the future.
  11. J

WiiM Pro Streamer

Thanks, it will work on android 7 and above so compatible with my phone, great.
  12. J

WiiM Pro Streamer

Anyone know the spec on the eq? graphic or parametric? and what version of android is needed to use it ( able to install app)?
  13. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

Is this device able to stream music players like poweramp etc?
  14. J

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

I get the same, I am also presuming its normal for this amp.
  15. J

miniDSP Flex

Am I correct in assuming that using a minidsp flex would mean that I could mostly forgo room treatment ( bass traps/acoustic panels etc) also does anyone know if Dirac can be added at a later date if required?
Top Bottom