Search results

1. KellenVancouver

Vintage Audio Advertising

Must say, the internet can sometimes be wonderful. By pure chance I landed on a discussion about vintage Empire speakers and that led me to other vintage discussions, and eventually to vintage audio advertising. Some of the ads are downright comical, at least I thought so. Lots of posing...
  2. KellenVancouver

Processors

First off, wishing a Merry and Healthy Christmas Holiday to all ASR. Second, I have a question about audio processors. I know that I am opening up my naïveté to the ASR universe, and apologies in advance if I am annoying the knowledgeable, but I am here to learn so will just deal with it. I'm...
  3. KellenVancouver

Favorite Audiophile Movies

We all have favorite movies, and likewise we typically have favorite movie soundtracks, usually divided by genre. But what about movies specifically focused on audiophiles, or if not centrally focused on audiophiles, at least highlighting the audiophile hobby as a subplot or major plot device...
  4. KellenVancouver

Trying to Solve a Subwoofer Mystery

Trying to solve a subwoofer mystery and hoping ASR members may know what's going on and can help illuminate where the fault lies. I tried to search for this in past posts and didn't find this particular issue, so if I missed it and this is a redundant post then my apologies in advance. Still...
  5. KellenVancouver

Emotiva BasX System -- Perspectives

As I indicated a couple weeks ago, I had an Emotiva BasX system on order and would report back to ASR when received and had a chance to experience it. Mine is one of their lower-end systems including a BasX PT1 preamp, BasX A2 amplifier, SE12 flex subwoofer, and pair of Airmotiv B1+ bookshelf...
  6. KellenVancouver

Historical Tidbit

Martin started a thread about the recent resurgence in cassette tapes, which stimulated a small sidebar about 78 vinyls. I’m not a vinyl person, but I grew up with them (LPs and 45s, not 78s!) and I got to wondering how they developed as a medium. Plus, I’ve always been curious about why 45...
  7. KellenVancouver

Joué Play

Not sure this will be of any interest to ASR members, but thought I would check to see. Just ordered a Joue Play as Xmas present for my musician son. Hopefully it will arrive from France in time. After he gets a chance to play it I can ascertain and forward his perspectives if anyone is...
  8. KellenVancouver

Value of Art

It is an interesting term used in the world of advanced electronics: “state of the art.” At first blush it seems an oxymoron, to call a scientifically engineered product “art.” But really audio science is just the means to an end, and the end is to produce something borne of the imagination...
Top Bottom