Search results

1. MAB

Speaker Break-In and Environmental Measurements

The subject of speaker break-in comes up often. It's also called run-in. It's different than aging, or wear-out. I see people posting YouTube videos of woofers being deformed into the shape of a potato-chip, while the 'tuber yells at me to make sure and break in my drivers before ever...
  2. MAB

Rauna Freja Vintage 2-Way Loudspeaker Measurements

Today I present measurements on a pair of Rauna Freja, aka affectionately as 'Swedish Tombstones';). They are a small 2-way in a concrete cabinet. I believe that Bo Hansson was involved with the design. I would appreciate any information members have regarding this nice little speaker. These...
  3. MAB

MiniDSP Flex HTx

8 channels of both analog-in and -out, both balanced and RCA.:D Apparently shipping in December, taking pre-orders now. https://www.minidsp.com/products/ht-series/flex-htx Hardware Description: Processor: 32-bit floating-point 400MHz Analog Devices SHARC DSP Multi-Core USB Audio processor...
  4. MAB

Classic Integrated Amplifiers!

I'm a fan of classic integrated amplifiers, so I thought I would start a thread to celebrate these great devices! The 1970's and '80s seemed to me as the heyday for integrated amplifiers. Several manufacturers had models with flagship performance and features. These features made it down to...
  5. MAB

JBL M2 Clone

I recently measured a JBL D2430K compression driver and M2 lens. My goal is to build an M2 clone. The speakers are going to go into individual boxes allowing me to stack the woofer and D2 into an M2, or even include a midrange. I got a pair of B&C 5NDL38 for cheap, and if they don't work I...
  6. MAB

JBL D2430K Measurements

I have been interested in the Project M2 DIY Thread for some time. I helped a friend install a fabulous home theater with 708i, but I have been fascinated by the M2. Recent reviews of the 708i were interesting, especially given my positive impressions of the speaker. Erin's review of the M2...
  7. MAB

General Question

Very wordy way to work in a terrorist reference. Sorry you are fearful. You should try being a scientist or engineer who designs the circuits you use, in a world of people who still believe magical forces control the electricity in the wires of their hifi. And you have no idea what they call us!
  8. MAB

Active DSP DIY speakers, for testing a few ideas

FFLOTSAM (Fabricated From LeftOver Things Studio Active Monitor) Active DSP speakers, for testing a few ideas I had some stuff lying around; a few random Baltic Birch-ply panels, some countertop material, a few cans of partially used brown spray paint, and some not-too clumpy spar varnish (that...
Top Bottom