Search results

1. T

AKG K371 Impressions

Pretty hard to rate headphones objectively I'd say, there are a lot of parameters when it comes to psychoacoustics. In that setting for example I'd say the first headphones have better mids thanks to a perfect matching, but Rtings would rate the second one better because it's closer to the...
  2. T

Review and Measurements of EVGA NU Audio PC Card

Too bad they didn't send one card to you ultimately. Yeah I'd guess they did their best to reduce interferences, pcie riser to move it out of the case and independent psu to limit noise.
  3. T

DAC under 300 EUR

As others stated I'm pretty sure if people were to do double-blind tests between a good implementation of Sabre or a good implementation of AKM they wouldn't be able to pick a difference. It's more about your subconscious making you think they have to sound warmer that'll make them sound warmer...
  4. T

DAC under 300 EUR

About the Pre Box S2 vs the X1S Anniv you also have to take into consideration the power delivered. Pre Box S2 = 50mW @33Ω / 13mW @300Ω - X1S Anniv = 270mW @33Ω / 140mW @300Ω. The Pre Box S2 will suffice for sensitive headphones but far from enough with more demanding headphones.
  5. T

EVGA is taking on Creative and ASUS with a PCIe sound card

I bumped into comments from Andy Grove of Audio Note on a Youtube video: Apparently a 15yo company like Aune is a no-name and Amir's methodology is not convenient enough for them. Did they send a sample to @amirm since then? He also posted a video testing a pre-release EVGA Nu with an...
  6. T

EVGA is taking on Creative and ASUS with a PCIe sound card

Funny how no reviewer does a simple loopback test with RMAA to get a glimpse of how it measures. Hell, even motherboards get their own RMAA charts in some reviews.
  7. T

Review and Measurements of Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital

It measures good, but the power delivered is kind of weak. I guess it's good enough for sensitive headphones:
  8. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

The ones I own at the moment: HD598 => The most comfortable pair I own. Pretty forgiving, sounds nice with not so well recorded / mastered stuff. HP151 => The best "open like" experience I've heard from a closed back pair of headphones. HD600 => Neutrality king for me, the reference for...
  9. T

Are Surroung Gaming Headphones BS?

Yeah, what I know from experience is the capacity of headphones to deliver a proper imaging is way more important than anything else for competitive gaming, and that is something they essentially degrade by widening the soundstage and adding reverb with "virtual surround". A proper in-game audio...
  10. T

Review and Measurements of Wireworld Starlight 7 USB Cable

Yeah, seems like the brand of the cable is Aucharm, bumped into the exact same one on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-core-USB-High-performance-HIFI-signal-line-4N-OFC-oxygen-free-copper-shielded-net-FOIL/32806356588.html Some USB A to B cables are based on it and are branded...
  11. T

Reducing Output impedance of a DAC/AMP

Yeah, the final output impedance will be the one of your Atom.
  12. T

Review and Measurements of Aune X1S DAC & Amp

Just noticed this is the 10th anniversary edition which is rated 200mW @300Ω, the older version (I own) was rated 80mW @300Ω.
  13. T

Review and Measurements of Grace Design m900 DAC & Amp

Oh well thank you, I can now believe the BW-S7 I only use for my phone is actually pretty good with ripple (except the QC port): https://lygte-info.dk/review/USBpower%20BlitzWolf%204%20usb%20and%20QC%20BW-S7%20UK.html
  14. T

Review and Measurements of Aune X1S DAC & Amp

Oh well, great to see my old unit still works wonders :)
  15. T

Review and Measurements of ZorLoo ZuperDAC-S and SMSL IDEA Dac/AMPs

He did actually, it measures a little worse than the IDEA: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-dacport-hd-and-dragonfly-red.5977/ The MSR7 is 35Ohm so you might want to compare the power delivered @33Ohm before clipping: IDEA = 45mW, Red =...
  16. T

Is Headphones Break-in Real? - Study by RTINGS.com

Could it be the proximity of the driver or could a denser foam (from compression) and thus a better seal be the reason for the difference in sound signature?
  17. T

Review and Measurements of MARCH audio dac1

I just wonder why the "ESS hump" looks much more similar to the Tone than compared to any other ES9038Q2M devices, similar implementation? 2 red curves = March dac1 and Khadas Tone
  18. T

Dark Theme

I use the "Dark Reader" extension for everything personally, easy to use and good enough natively for most websites:
  19. T

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Yeah Zeos is as much of a subjectivist as it goes. And he's an entertainer first, people watch him for his personality rather than the quality content in his reviews. Either way he basically says nothing in this one except one has more gain (power in his words) than the other "by ear" and one...
  20. T

General Question about Impedace

Yeah I remember my HD598 having a huge impedance peak going up to 300Ω which is kind of concerning for a 50Ω model. Made them sound bloated in the mid-bass with the 10Ω output impedance of my STX. Overdamping isn't much of an issue as long as the impedance curve behaves itself as you said...
Top Bottom