Search results

1. B

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Got it, makes sense. Doesn't apply for my personal use case but I can see the convenience.
  2. B

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Yep. Analog volume for me. I still can hear a lot of nuances and differences between multiple headphone and power amps, so, that is where my current try and error lives. For me, I try to keep digital source as bit-perfect as I can and let the analog realm screw it up :D
  3. B

I see it. But I prefer to make any EQ or stuff like that in the streamer/computer before sending to the DAC. What would be the benefit of doing it "in the DAC"?
  4. B

So, this is totally a first world problem, but here I go... Once I was able to purchase the D90se for $760ish (Apos audio "certified", aka, open box unit) mint! I loved it. I am using it as a my main DAC ever since. Got even better with a couple of FW updates. Then I tried a lot of new/hyped...
  5. B

Cheap DAP ($30-40 MP3 players that can use BT) using a good BT DAC (like a BTR5)???

Well, I already have the BTR5, so, it is a difference of $200ish vs $30-40ish?
  6. B

Cheap DAP ($30-40 MP3 players that can use BT) using a good BT DAC (like a BTR5)???

So, honest question... If one buy those very cheap "MP3 Player" that can decode FLAC (there is a bunch) and play via BT and use a good BT/DAC like for example the BTR5, is that a viable "two piece" cheap DAP? What would be the limitations of that setup? Thanks!
  7. B

Topping M50

OK, sorry, I meant a cheap alternative to the Pi2AES (that is even discontinued unfortunately). The problem with those chinese generic hats is the official support on OSes like Volumio for example :(
  8. B

Topping M50

The M50 is basically a bit perfect player. If you use your iPhone via USB, there is no difference quality wise, but, if you use any kind of bluetooth you loose quality because of lossy compression. The M50 has multiple roles in a system if you don’t want the hassle of plugin your phone via USB...
  9. B

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I agree that shouldn't be possible. I tried to change all multiple times and it never reset it. But then, when I did a factory reset it fixed it. Like I said, now it is perfect after the factory reset. But how in the hell it got to the unbalanced state???
  10. B

Where? Mine has just the following options: "1. Display | M (A, L, M, H)" "2. Remote | ON (ON, OFF)" "3. Vol Memory | IN (IN, OUT)" "4. Safe Vol Mode | OFF (ON, OFF)" "5. Safe Vol | -20dB" "6. Save and exit" "7. Factory reset" Are you not getting confused with the D90?
  11. B

OK, here is my story. My Pre90 was obviously 5db louder in the left side. I isolated all components and it was clearly the Pre90. When I measured with my multimeter it was clearly 30-40% more voltage on the L side (both on the RCA outs and the XLR outs). Then I plugged on my oscilloscope, lined...
  12. B

Rega IO Review (stereo amplifier)

I have the same two speakers (KLH Model 5 and the CSS Criton 1TD-X). Which one is your favorite and why? What do you mean by “combining” them, do you play both at the same time???
  13. B

OK, I think my Pre90 has a major issue… the left side is 5db louder than the right side. I was doing some speaker measurements and I noticed the discrepancy. So, I tried to change L and R on the DAC, on the speakers, on the amp. I tried all combinations and definitely the one to blame is the...
  14. B

Denafrips Ares II + Topping Pre90 impedance issue

True… but I am never fully sure how much quality one losses with digital volume control :(
  15. B

Denafrips Ares II + Topping Pre90 impedance issue

Purifi is fine, the problem is that it doesn't have a volume knob so in my mind I thought about the Pre90 as a volume control (the Purifi is 400W, aka, loud as f**k).
  16. B

GR Research LGK 2.0 Kit Speaker Review (video)

Looks like giants have good hearing and they die if they hear distortion... poor giants...
  17. B

Thanks!!! It would be interesting if we had a list of tracks you use and what do you look for into each, just out of curiosity and learning… Thanks again!
  18. B

@amirm What is the name of that test song? I like the song :)… (and I want to hear it on my speakers that don’t distort)
  19. B

Topping M50

“not bother” doesn’t magically add an IIS port to my system unfortunately, so, if it doesn’t solve a problem, it is not “the cheapest way” to solve the problem… :)
  20. B

Topping M50

Am I the only one looking at the M50 as the cheapest way to add IIS to a Raspi or a PC/Mac?
Top Bottom