Search results

1. P

AI generated music

Just saw this making rounds on twitter: https://www.udio.com/ There are a few more sites, but this sounds the best to me. Audio quality is better than I expected. Curious what folks here think about this space in general.
  2. P

Harman Curve for the Low End

I just bought a subwoofer and did room correction with housecurve + roon. It nicely corrects a room mode at 60Hz. However, I found the harman curve I was trying to fit a bit lackluster in the lowend and ended up boosting the base by a handful of dBs above the curve in freqs < 50Hz. It just...
  3. P

Need Help w Subs in a Large room

Hi, I am considering adding a subwoofer to my system located in a somewhat large room (though with a smaller subset that's the listening area). Please see the attached diagram. The room has pretty high ceilings 4.5m. My primary concern is to get good bass response in the main listening area...
  4. P

Live music in concert halls. What's the point?

So I went to a couple of jazz concerts in the barbican centre in London recently. One was the great Herbie Hancock and the other was Ibrahim Malouf last night, whom I didn't know much about and just went based on the recommendations of friends. I came pretty disappointed out of both and I blame...
  5. P

$63K, 150lbs Gryphon Commander Preamp Reviewed by Stereophile

I didn’t read the subjectivist stuff and jumped directly to measurements. https://www.stereophile.com/content/gryphon-commander-line-preamplifier-measurements I was curious how this monster at 100x the price fares compared to my SOTA Topping pre90. Turns out not so great after all! The funny...
  6. P

Blind A/B test between (Benchmark AHB2+Topping D90SE/Pre90) and Hegel H190

I have been an owner of Hegel H190 which I use in my living room and I recently started putting together my next system around AHB2 for my home office and as the pieces arrived I decided to A/B test the two stacks. I tried to be systematic as much as possible, but by all means critique my...
  7. P

AirPlay volume

I am wondering what's the typical behaviour of AirPlay receivers and hosts when it comes to playback volume. Suppose I have a receiver that supports AirPlay but also other streaming options. When I choose it as an AirPlay device on my Mac, what happens to the volume on the receiver? Do devices...
Top Bottom