Search results

1. L

speaker placement for computer workstation

I have a normal 5' desk where I work. I have 3 monitors across. I face the wall currently. I can turn the desk to face into the room, and use stand mounted speakers (KEF LS50 meta). Obviously all listening setups you see involve being seated and having full view of the speakers and a rack or...
  2. L

2.1 preamp

Oh wise ASR recommendation engine! (TM) I have a 2ch power amp. For a 2.1 system, I believe I might want processing on the mains. At minimum a HPF but up from that, PEQ or Dirac. My listening environment is non-critical listening at my desktop, with small home theater satellites as the mains...
  3. L

All portable USB DACs with THX AAA amp

Even though this is a short list of products, I didn't find such a summary here or anywhere for that matter. Hope this helps someone. THX Onyx ($150 amazon, $233 walmart under the brand Lixada) (review) FiiO Q3 ($150 amazon) (no ASR review) FiiO AM3D ($190 aliexpress, sold out elsewhere...
  4. L

KEF LS50 meta vs LS50 Wireless II

These 2 flavors of "uniQ 12" are the same drivers of course. What the spec sheet for the wireless somewhat sadly reveals is that the wireless is bi-amped whereas the meta doesn't offer that option. I say sadly, because I am not that interested in a wireless, intimately tying up the very fast...
  5. L

iphone or walkman as streamer

I had a long version written up (2 of them actually) but trimmed the fat down to this. I want an appliance streamer. I have tried using Mac Mini but it's not working for me for reasons I won't bother you with. I can afford any product but it has to be at least somewhat worth it. Those $10k and...
Top Bottom