Search results

1. 8

New Tidal prices

I just wish Tidal had a better UI/UX like Spotify's, I discover so many artists and music through Spotify but would love to use Tidal as my main streaming platform
  2. 8

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

MKR I have to commend you on your politeness and willingness to respond to every poster in this thread (which I assume you also will do the courtesy to me) with such grace and aplomb. I never have seen you be aggressive or nasty to any person in this forum, which by all accounts is nothing short...
  3. 8

New March Audio Ukkonen Speaker

I have the original Sointuva (in Melbourne) and I am super pleased with it, but if/when Alan decides to do an active tower with the new Purifi tweeter, I would buy it as soon as available as that would be my end game speaker for sure.
  4. 8

Audient ID 14 mkii or Focusrite 2i2 4th gen?

If hardware measurements are close enough, I would focus on which one has better software support, updates and usability. I would also take into consideration warranty, customer support and durability.
  5. 8

Lack of high-end speaker reviews

Also, @amirm mentioned in this thread that if the manufacturer requests it, he can do the subjective listening part of the review in stereo. So there's no excuse not to send speakers in because of that.
  6. 8

ASR MEMBERS: What System Would YOU Choose To Blow Away Non-Audiophiles?

I would bring them to a SOTA Atmos/Spatial audio mixing studio or Anechoic chamber with 2 systems, one pair of SOTA speakers and a normie big chain big name pair of speakers for comparison
  7. 8

Thomann/Swissonic A306 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Do you think this would be possible with the Swissonic X8? I remember that you were talking to the developer of these speakers in another thread and he mentioned he uses the same chip in all of them right?
  8. 8

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

I am in the market for an active monitor for my desktop. Since I am in Australia, pricing gets skewed compared to Sweetchaos' list. I don't want to spend much since this is my 3rd setup. I can get a JBL 308P MKII for AUD 900 for the pair. I was eyeing the Neuman KH80 but that is $800 per...
  9. 8

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Ascend needs to do some active speakers, I would jump all over them since I trust the quality and the fair price offered of their products.
  10. 8

Spotify and Qobuz difference

Since we pretty much know that the difference is minimal if it is there at all, may I suggest another point to consider on all your decision trees, and in my opinion the most important? Check how much that platform pays the artists and how they treat the artists. There are plenty of articles...
  11. 8

Topping E2x2 Audio Interface Review

Perhaps we have different views of how the world works, but I would definitely be okay with poor casework alignment for a $159 hardware that is very competitive feature and measurement-wise, along with OK software (expensive to create and maintain).
  12. 8

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

So I am considering buying a pair of KH-120 II for near-field listening at my computer desk. The MA-1 would add quite a significant chunk of change on top of the monitors. How much of a difference do you guys think the MA makes to the speakers for near-field? I feel that room modes for such...
  13. 8

What's the highest frequency you can hear?

I can hear till 18KHz, with 40 years of age. But I've always been super careful with my hearing, always wore my ear plugs to raves in the 90's, it paid out lol
  14. 8

New Purifi amplifiers coming

My dream is that Purifi at some point launches some plate amps so ppl and manufacturers could integrate them into active speakers
  15. 8

PURIFI finally did a fully purified passive speaker design! The SPK 16 prototype is here - with a PTT tweeter

Nice to see March Audio being the partner building the prototype and working directly with Purifi on this!
  16. 8

Are Mogami cables worth it?

For such a short length and for balanced, there's little to no reason to spend any more of your money if your current cables function properly (which I assume they do).
  17. 8

T+A speakers and their directivity

The S 530 and S 540 look bonkers! Did anyone review them? Are there measurements online? Or has anyone here heard them somewhere that would like to describe how they sound?
  18. 8

Who can read Japanese?

Obviously not what you asked for, since a person translating will be heaps better than a machine, but it can be really good in a pinch to have a general idea. You can use google lens to translate it for you (if you did not know). This is what it spit out from the first pic Not the best...
  19. 8

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

Hey Dennis, keen to understand why that is the case. The March Sointuva uses the same woofer from Purify in a sealed enclosure and by the looks of the measurements, it has no issues afaik. They do use passive radiators though, would that be the reason?
  20. 8

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

My 2 cents: as someone who collected thousands of records in the late '90s and early 2000s and gave up around the mid-2000s and recently started to collect again, for me, it's not about sound quality at all (that's a settled issue, digital is objectively better - if the source is also digital...
Top Bottom