Search results

1. A

Purifi vs Hypex vs ICEPower

I don't have either, there were examples of amps that sound good but don't measure well. All the positive reviews of these can't be wrong. I reiterate, buying on specs is shallow. If you go into a high-end audio gear shop , the one I go to is also a studio with a Studio Engineer, you won't find...
  2. A

There are a pile of Amps in this segment that measure poorly but are hard to surpass sonically. I'll give you two for starters. The Conrad Johnson Premier One or Krell KSA-100. Both are tough to beat sonically even by today's standards and excel in key areas such ohm stability, etc...
  3. A

I hope that any forum can work with more information and input , not just measurements. I find that some members are just Owly and condescending, not all, some. I have been an audio enthusiast for 45 years, so I do know a "few" things about Audio Components and the Art of Audio Appreciation...
  4. A

I have read a lot in this forum a out Class D and Purify and VTV. I find much more useful information through other Social Media groups. I thought I would give ASR a fair chance. I think members of this forum need to consider things other than numbers. Firstly etiquette, then helpful un-buased...
  5. A

Speaker Jumpers

I thought I was specific about the post wanting info from those trying the jumpers on the RF7iii's. What forums would be better and less biased?
  6. A

Speaker Jumpers

"If, and only if " you have changed your standard post wiring to special jumper wires from the OEM steel jumper plates on the back of Klipsch RF7IIIS specifically, what are your thoughts on any sound changes regarding this modification. I am only interested in someone's responses that have this...
  7. A

Yamaha RX-A3080 Review (AVR)

That review is based on a chart and not real world. Most people using the top tier brands of AVR will agree a Yamaha just sounds better in its price range. I have Yamaha Onkyo and Denon AVRs and I always use the Yamaha when I want Musicality. TBH my Onkyo sounds better than my Denon Stuff. Denon...
  8. A

Yamaha RX-A3080 Review (AVR)

The information provided and the recommendations are definitely off. Not only is the Yamaha More " Musical" than the named competitors but the 3080 test results offer the following lessons. 1) Audition the Yamaha against any Denon and hear the differences a company that designs musical...
  9. A

Class D FAQ

Does it really matter what measures best? It's the sound you hear with your own ears that matters, that is why a 1% distortion AMP can still sound best. Charts and measurements only tell a small part of the story. ASR reviews need to take many other factors, including Class of Amp, build...
  10. A

What headphone(s) do you own ?

1More Quad Driver IEM, Sony WH-1000XM3, Samsung Beans, Altec Sport IEM, Sennheiser Drop HD6XX, Plantronics Go410 BT. Fav Wired 6XX Fav BT Sony WH-1000XM3
  11. A

VTV Shipping and Duty to Canada

Thanks for the constructive response
  12. A

13. A

14. A

Should I replace my Bryston B60r amp with a TPA3255 based amp?

Bryston make an Excellent product , always. If you want Class D, you should look at Bruno Putzeys, latest Class D developments by Purifi in the Eigentakt design. VTV in America , Apollon and Nord offers builds of this great value , ultra low noise design. The Bryston you have does not have...
  15. A

Starkrimson (BOSC) by Orchardaudio VS Purifi 1ET400A (and EVAL1 or neurochrome board?)

Yeah read that article it doesn't say too much really. Not useful .
  16. A

Thanks for the info. Any idea on customs and brokerage fees to Canada?
  17. A

Thanks for your response. Any idea on customs and brokerage fees?
Top Bottom