Search results

1. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

A new DAC version has not been announced. If there was a new DAC in the pipeline we would have heard about it the same way we heard about the 2/4 Pro. It's been discounted for a long time because it's an old product and all products end up being discounted after a few years versus their...
  2. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

I just fished throwing a number in the air and you just did the job for me. Thanks that's the answer I was looking for. You can now go back to sleep police informer/snitch :)
  3. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Yes absolutely :) Although I have not done so in years because in the past decade local players are better, shops like Digitec (you probably know it) they have collection points and a big Amazon-like warehouse across all the country + agreements with all possible brands/products you can think of...
  4. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

1'600 VAT (USD/EUR and CHF where I live I suppose it's about all the same rate these days :D) as far as I know. Actually the CHF has become stronger than the EUR for the first time in the past couple months (1 EUR = 0.96 CHF) and there's only 8% VAT here so for the first time ever such a...
  5. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Maybe already next week I can upload the 2/4 Pro manual (it's only 114 pages...), with tons of details, final specs and features. So anyone interested can take a deep dive-in on this unit. Matthias Carstens RME https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?pid=191008#p191008
  6. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

September. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rme-adi-2-dac-thread.868015/page-341#post-17081993
  7. S

New (2021) RME Fireface UCX II

I wouldn't say a big impact here in Europe, I would say some impact in Germany soon when energy bills will rise by October, since these clowns decided to tie their hands to Russian oil and gas 40 years ago lol... not a very smart idea lol Germany really no longer is the respected 'powerhouse'...
  8. S

What has Putin to do with compromising ESS chips? Western propaganda at its finest (I'm just kidding here don't get mad peeps haha)
  9. S

Well some smooth communications on the part of the company wouldn't hurt then... are we supposed to do your work and research the availability of X or Y chips on our own? lol
  10. S

Well that's a bummer @MC_RME as I was about to order now and not in *X/Y/Z* months. You're the only mainstream audio company having such crazy delays, what's the deal?? Or is it discontinued for good???
  11. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

I'm totally the same as you, and feel you 100% here! Thanks for the additional peaks & all info, it's proving very useful since I never had the ADI 1st gen. I'm doing my best to convince RME to come up with the most comprehensive update lol since I'm positive it's my next 'dream' purchase, so...
  12. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

And RME staff: The ADIs show very high output wattage for high impedance headphones among the units tested at ASR. This should be obvious when reading (!) the reviews. Simple reason is that most units offer a max of around 19 dBu at 300 Ohms, but the ADI reaches +22 dBu (317 mW). Make that...
  13. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Thank you @ayane Just forwarding the guy's reply fyi: If I get this right you have your music down to -24 dB LUFS, then additional -6 dB by DSP’s EQ. -23 LUFS already is a very low target loudness, in - not only my - opinion the target is too low for music. The lowest any music streaming...
  14. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Thoughts? https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?pid=189234#p189234 Be assured: ADI-2 can drive EVERY mythical “hard to drive” headphone to more than sufficient level if you have a healthy hearing and want to keep it like this. E.g. I run AKG K-1000 with 12 dB of bass boost EQ, single...
  15. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Hi @ayane I submitted my concerns and your feedback on the RME forum/thread and someone came up with this reply - thoughts? https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?pid=189224#p189224 Are you sure you run ADI-2 with “Auto Reference Level” = ON, not limited to “Low Power” - do you see dBr, not...
  16. S

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

I'm with you on this one, I just realised my M4 is slightly louder on the right side (I ran different devices on it, same outcome). It's barely noticeable but still annoying to make me upgrade to RME (hopefully they have a better quality control than Motu).
  17. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Very promising improvements on all fronts.
  18. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

This other vid which hasn't been posted here so far I think:
  19. S

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Well good for you but some people care for it and the hearing loss argument is not solid. Obviously we don't want that, yet it's good to have enough margin at 'skull resonating levels' and 'maxed out sound pressure' from time to time, to A/B test and immerse ourselves with the music we produce...
Top Bottom