Search results

1. B

ELAC Carina BS243.4 and SMSL DA-9

I decided to go active (Kali IN-5) in my office and I'm looking to sell my ELAC Carina's as well as my SMSL DA-9. One of the Carina's was measured by Amir and he liked it. They have positive reviews on Crutchfield and are on the Stereophile recommended list. In a word, they are excellent. I'm...
  2. B

Tidal CEO: We're introducing Hi-Res FLAC for HiFi Plus Subscribers

The Tidal CEO did an AMA at Reddit today and he announced they are introducing hi-res FLAC for HiFi Plus subscribers.
  3. B

Miniature Desktop Amp from Pro-Ject

This new amp from Pro-Ject came across my feed today. At first glance, it reminds me of the 12 year old AudioEngine N22 but I'm guessing the Pro-Ject is a better product. What's interesting is they don't shy away from a low SINAD and explicitly say they were aiming for the "sound characteristic"...
  4. B

Published Research on Bi-Wiring Speakers

I was curious if there were any actual benefits to bi-wiring speakers and came across this piece from Q Acoustics. I always assumed bi-wiring was pointless since it's just a matter of signals and cables. Anyway, their research was published in 2016 and they build on prior research from 1998 to...
  5. B

Interview about Measurements with Pearl Sibelius Speaker Designer

Thomas & Stereo posted this interview with Harley Lovegrove and much of the discussion is about speaker measurements. Harley provides numerous insights on speaker design and discusses the pros and cons of a implementing a flat frequency response. I enjoyed the discussion and wanted to share.
Top Bottom