Search results

1. P

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Does the Qudelix 5k support wired headsets with mic with the unbalanced 4-pole connector? I would like to use it as a "gaming" dac for my Beyerdynamix MMX300 gen2. My understanding from reading their material is that it has it's own mic built in, but is it possible to use the mic of the headset...
  2. P

Best closed-back headset for gaming?

They might be good, but they are open-back.
  3. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I would like to use an extension cable for the DC input. I see that these extensions exists in two version. 5.5 mm outer diameter with 2.1 mm inner diameter or 5.5 mm outer diameter with 2.5 mm inner diameter. Do you guys know which one DX3Pro is using? EDIT: According to Audiophonics website...
  4. P

I ended up buying a second-hand Beyerdynamic MMX 300 for 200€ and use it with Apple USB-C dongle. It is fitted with very thick lambskin earpads instead of the standard velour ones. Sound The noise isolation is very good. I almost can't hear my keyboard while playing music at very low volume. In...
  5. P

How does visual stimulation affect your listening?

It reminds me of the McGurk effect: Here is a small example:
  6. P

Looking for a headphone upgrade. Please help.

Shure Srh1540, plenty of bass and pretty comfortable, but sounds best at medium to low volume.
  7. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

The specs says THD+N at 0.004% which is -88 dB SINAD. It is not very impressive, but it is probably good enough to not be noticable.
  8. P

The problem with standalone mics is that they still need to be right in your face to avoid picking up keyboard noise. I do have HD 650 which I could pair with a modmic for example. I also have a handheld sennheiser dynamic mic, but I don't have an interface and it didn't work well with my...
  9. P

I am looking for a new headset for PC gaming (first person shooters). It should be closed back to keep outside noises out. I already have Sennheiser HD650 for music listening. So far the best suggestions I could find is: Beyerdynamic MMX 300 2nd gen [Thomann link] 32 ohm headphones with...
  10. P

USB audio interfaces interest

Thanks, I've read somewhere on Reddit that the output impedance is 7 Ohm so yes it might not be suitable for low impedance headphones, but I am surprised that it is not powerful enough. The specified output voltage is 16 dBu, which is 4.88 V RMS so it must be current limiting at lower impedances...
  11. P

USB audio interfaces interest

I am interested in headphone measurements of the clarett 2pre. Most of these usb interfaces have low output power but the clarett 2pre seems to be a good candidate for an all-in-one box.
  12. P

Neumann Headphones - NDH 20

I have heard them in a shop and they sound good. In comparison to the other headphones on display Beyerdynamic DT1990, DT770, DT1770 and audio-technica ATH-m50x I liked them the best. Detailed and not sibilant, feels okay neutral, but it has some bass boost. It does not get boomy like V-moda...
  13. P

Best headphone for under 70 euros

HyperX cloud alpha I think they are also takstar derivatives and comes with a mic for your gaming needs.
  14. P

DAC/Amp combo for ~$400

scarlett 2i4 + jds labs atom? or clarett 2pre if you don't want two boxes (the headphone amp is much louder than 2i4, but I think it is around 10 ohm output impedance).
  15. P

RMAA measurements of Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi Z390 (Realtek ALC1220)

Noise level of -200dB ? Do you use a cable or do you just virtually route the output to the input?
  16. P

z390 xtreme audio

I don't think you need a dac. Your mobo has a sabre dac and there is also an amp included. I also have an aourus motherboard but only with Realtek dac, but it measures quite well and I think the amp is pretty good as well. Enough to drive my hd650 to very loud levels. Wait until you get the...
  17. P

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Yes, Amir tested it with 650, here is the text from the review: "Switching to high-impedance 300 ohm Sennheiser HD-650 nearly killed performance. The sound was OK but bass is weak and dynamic range just not there. Here my reference is more powerful desktop and battery operated portables. " I...
  18. P

RMAA measurements of Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi Z390 (Realtek ALC1220)

Maybe the extra noise on the usb-c dongle could also be caused by the fact that it is measured between two devices, the USB device and the onboard sound device and it could therefore be some kind of ground loop. I have tried to measure the usb-c dongle using itself but it doesn't really work...
  19. P

Inexpensive ADC dongle for PC headset?

Thanks. Yes, that worked. Just had to plug in a TRRS minijack before plugging it into the USB port. Will find an adapter from 2xTRS to TRRS and see how it goes :)
  20. P

Inexpensive ADC dongle for PC headset?

I have the Apple USB-C adapter already and it does not show up as an input device and I can't find any source saying it has an ADC.
Top Bottom