Search results

1. S

Power amplifier with remote sensing (speaker cable compensation)

Good to know, thank you. Not sure how this simulates a lower or higher output impedance. For pure resisistive loads the output impedance is completly irrelevant as long as it is static (despite form a sligth decrease in signal level). As your reach the skinn depth limit within the audio band...
  2. S

I don't have a problem with the AHB2, just doing some thougth experiment on possible improvement. For best overall efficiency, you need high efficient speakers. With my 99dB/W speakers I'm basically allways below 1 Watt and only the idle power consumption of the amplifier is important. And the...
  3. S

Every stand of the wire is insulated individually with a thin layer of varnish like in a transformator. This gives you lower impedance at high frequencies due to reduced skinn effekt. Last year I have been developing a small inductive heater running at 100kHz and we got by far the lowest...
  4. S

I have not aseked Purify yet. First I like to be sure that it is acctually a good idea before I bother them. By now I use the HF litz wire for the speakers and starquad for line signals.
  5. S

Well, an ideal amplifier has a zero output impedance, and remote sensing compensates the wire impedance. So you are closer to the "ideal". I was just thinking about how can my setup be impreoved. But you are totally rigth, 0.1db in FB is totally irrelevant, given there are much larger factors...
  6. S

Yes, this was also what I was thinking, but I'm allways open for new inputs or opinions. Well in this case confirmation. BTW, I'm running high efficeincy speakers (99dB/W) with 15'' base, so I'm a bit fanatic on giving the amp the possibility to accelerate and slow down the large membrane as...
  7. S

Hi all Thank you for the input. Missing sense wire or loose connection is not an issue as I can add a small resisotr (e.g. 10 Ohm) on the amplifier as a backup. Wrong polarity is also not an issue with SpeakOn connectors. Stability on the other hand.... well lets hope Bruna has build in enougth...
  8. S

So I'm running the AHB2 and I'm pretty happy with it. However, it has a relatively high output impedance: The 23 mOhm at low frequency are not too bad, but it rolls of quickly above 500 Hz. For the speaker cable I'm using a high frequency litz wire with 1050 strands of 0.1mm wire (8.24mm^2)...
Top Bottom