Search results

1. G

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

In an ideal world populated by fairies, pixes and unicorns frolicking freely in the sunlight fields 10.000 usd would grow on trees, you just pick 'em up and use to pay kh420 without hearing them ;) You are right as i am. Majority cant audition in their homes, majority cant waste 10.000 usd just...
  2. G

Spending money on any speakers based on a review and thinking they are perfect match for your room and your ears is wrong. You should audition everything expensive in your home before purchase. Here on ASR you can find lot of tested speakers and devices and there is a chance some combination of...
  3. G

Preference Rating KH310 SCORE w/ sub: 7.6 KH420 SCORE: 7.2
  4. G

Yet another Elac Debut reference thread!

Elac dbr62 are as good as it gets, and better. One need sub ofcourse, good amp and solid dac, which is setup a have. So every component is more expensive than elac. One can say you are using 6000euro luxman with cheap elac, but elac is not the weak link in any sistem. Maybe A.Jones got lucky...
  5. G

Canton a55

Thnx for the input on cantons.
  6. G

Canton a55

Same with me. We have measurments of Revel 208 by Amir, so no surprise there if i take them. But I am tempted as well by canton A55 offer. Cabinet alone is superbly finished in piano black or white, which has nothing to do with sound ofcourse, but still its nice.
  7. G

Canton a55

Anyone have experience with canton a55 which is online sales exclusive? It is using tech and drivers from reference k series, and judging by specs it is somewhere between k5 and k3 reference speakers. There is difference in cabinet design, oval for ref series and square for A series, but price...
  8. G

Topping D70s - Skipping / glitching during playback.

Problem occurs when you play mqa files from tidal. Try to set hifi in tidal and see if problem is still there? Issue is with macbook pro i think when you play mqa files. You can set tidal app to do the first software decoding and than send files to topping.
  9. G

Topping D70s vs SMSL SU-9

Topping d70s is better dac than those mentioned, that is fact. It works with linux plug and play, no need for new drivers or anything. I use it with volumio (linux), it is flawless. On the other hand i had problems with win 10. So topping on linux gets my recommendation.
  10. G

Topping D70s - Playback goes silent randomly

Problem is on win on your pc. I had same problem you describe, interruptions when mqa is played. So i tried my second pc, and no problems. Both run win 10, but as you know it is win afterall. So i booted my pc with volumio, the one that was interrupting playback, and was pleasantly surprised how...
  11. G

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Tidal connect => volumio on pc => topping d70s via usb => luxman m700u via xlr => elac dbr62 => sooo good ;)
  12. G

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

What can i say, except thank you Amir. Based on your review i got elac dbr62. To cut the story short, they are exactly as measured and revied. For 500euro i got so much value in return. I could have listened to any sponsored audiophiles and their rants, and i would have goten no value what so...
Top Bottom