Search results

1. W

New Release : xDuoo XA-10 Balanced DAC & AMP

That isnt the balanced - the volume knob on the front and the dual usb C on the back show that one to be the Plus. (Basic would be usb-C too but have a battery cutoff switch between them and earlier XD-05 would be micro-usb and a full size A rather than C).
  2. W

More design details about Khadas Tone Board

I'm not a gamer at all, but I like the look of the case. I'd rather have that than some of the science project aluminum cases I have seen.
  3. W

Would be interesting to see a portable DAC/AMP made with the Toneboard too. You can use pin 1 and 21 on the 40 pin connector to power the board without using usb power input so it could work with phones and tablets without worrying about pulling too much current for them. You could use...
  4. W

I've been toying with the idea of getting the VIM and putting a tone board on it for a media server that gives you the ability to run a remote.
  5. W

I'd have no issue with $35-40 for the case. To get a DAC with those specs in a professional looking package for <$150 is still an absolute steal.
  6. W

Review and Measurements of Apogee Groove DAC and Amp

yes, I set the level on the Groove to be at the same 2V as line-out on any other device (same as is used for testing here) and then use it run into another amp. Pretty much all DACS have some form of op-amp in them so it is nearly impossible to not amplify the signal twice when you think about it.
  7. W

With Apogee's history as a professional Audio company, it really doesn't surprise me that the Groove is best used with high impedance cans. Pretty much all the classic cans used as studio references are 150 Ohm or higher. (And a lot of them are a lot higher)
  8. W

I use mine as a dac, paired with a tube amp where the output impedance is much less critical. I have also found it to be one of a very few portable units with enough drive for the 600Ohm Beyers. I don't use them while on a plane, but it is nice to have a compact setup for use in hotels when...
  9. W

I'd be in a for a couple of cases if you make them available. I'd love to see something brushed aluminum but figure a 3d printed version might be more economical.
Top Bottom