Search results

1. NWCgrad

Pre-amp for active digital / analogue speakers

Two good candidates for feeding the D&D 8c a digital signal with attenuation are the Lynx Hilo and the Grace Design M-905. Both would serve as pretty capable preamps. For less expensive digital attenuation from a computer via remote the Weiss Engineering INT204. This unit is a USB to AES/EBU...
  2. NWCgrad

Which audio companies have solid engineering chops?

Weiss Engineering, Luxman, Meyer Sound
  3. NWCgrad

How Cheap is Your Sub?

That would be correct. Typing on my phone should be avoided.
  4. NWCgrad

How Cheap is Your Sub?

I run dual Eminence Lab-12 based DIY subs (22 Hz tuning) off a single QSC 1815HD amp, supplement with the mains low frequency drivers (JBL Pro 2242H, 20 Hz tuning). So really I am running 4 subs, two up front and two I read of the room.
  5. NWCgrad

Wish list for Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2017

The new Spatial Audio X2 Modular speakers look interesting. They are making their debut at the show.
  6. NWCgrad

Introductions anyone?

I did the fleet program as a junior officer (03) in New Orleans (pre Katrina) and the senior course for 23 months in Newport, RI as a Commander. Getting ready to retire in around 26 months.
  7. NWCgrad

Introductions anyone?

Thanks Amir. For clarification, NWC stands for the Naval War College. Two time graduate of that fine institution.
  8. NWCgrad

Introductions anyone?

I recently joined the forum, after lurching for quite awhile. I am a scientist by training (molecular microbiology) and profession. I failed miserably in college as an electrical engineering student, luckily I found a science I could understand. I have spent the last few years assembling a...
  9. NWCgrad

RIP Tom Petty

I saw Tom in concert more than any other artist. This is a freaking bad day!!!!
  10. NWCgrad

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

Has anyone here used the Behringer SRC2496 AD/DA unit? It doesn't do DSD and is limited to 24/96 but has a lot of features for $199. What I read on Gearslutz was positive.
  11. NWCgrad

Budget DAC Review: behringer UMC204HD

I need a midi interface to get my REW EQ settings to my Behringer 2496, this little box may work and it throws in a DAC for free.
  12. NWCgrad

JBL 705P / 708P

Oops, posting with a migraine isn't always a great idea. I would also like to know the AD volume question. I have a turntable and hundreds of records somewhere in the house.
  13. NWCgrad

JBL 705P / 708P

Thanks, glad to be here. I have been active on AVSforum for years, but as I finished my basic home theater I am moving back to two channel. Still I early planing stages, i retire from the Navy (my username is Naval War College grad) in 28 months, 16 days (not that I'm counting).
  14. NWCgrad

JBL 705P / 708P

Here the info from Ebon in regards to my question about using the Grace M905 to keep the signal digital all the way from source to AES input of powered speakers: "Hi Steve, Thanks for the inquiry. The m905 would do exactly what you are looking for. It is our only playback device which does...
  15. NWCgrad

JBL 705P / 708P

I spoke with Ebon Grace a few months ago, it can do volume control in an all digital pathway. Crane Song is another contender. 99% of my listening is CD's ripped to a SSD. So I am not chasing the latest in the ever escalating DSD and PCM processing capabilities. Others have a different - and...
  16. NWCgrad

JBL 705P / 708P

I am thinking of getting a set of 708P's. I want to stay digital all the way to the speaker. The best options I have found so far for a digital preamp (digital to digital conversion, volume control, switching) are the Grace Design M905, Lynx Hilo, and Weiss Engineering INT204. All are remote...
Top Bottom