Search results

1. P

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Received my ZEROs yesterday. I settled on the small aperture tips (perceived more bass impact and better imaging) and have been running comparisons against my other headphones (Drop/Sennheiser 6XX, Beyer DT880 600 Ohms > run off a Topping NX4) and my home studio setup (MOTU Ultralite mk5 into...
  2. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I have Beyer DT880 600ohms. I feel the DX3pro can drive my headphones to uncomfortably loud volumes on most of my music, and that's close to max volume in high gain mode. On quieter tracks, I'd love to have more room to go louder that the DX3 allows, but they still play loud enough for me to...
  3. P

I have the same issue when connecting it directly to my active studio monitors. The buzz disappeared when I connected it to my mixing board, which then feeds the signal over balanced cables to the monitors.
  4. P

Besides @amirm's suggestion to check your levels, this is the most likely reason. Low gain mode doesn't have enough power to drive my Beyer DT880 600ohm cans to satisfactory levels unless I'm playing low-level background music while I'm working. For serious listening, you'll need high gain...
  5. P

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

I have 3 in use and ordered 3 more for flexibility in expanding. 2 are currently driving small sets of speakers in the master bedroom and a living room. I plan to add more CCAs/speakers in the back yard and garage, and possibly in the kids' rooms as well. My entire family likes music, and...
  6. P

I'm on a Galaxy S7 Edge and I've just tested switching between a bunch of tracks varying from 44.1 to 176 and had no issues, so maybe check your UAPP settings. The only thing I have checked on the USB Tweaks settings is "Use USB DAC." Make sure bitperfect is always on, turn off upsampling, and...
  7. P

What issue are you having? I've been running UAPP on it with no issues no matter what sample rate file I've thrown at it.
  8. P

Fully Portable Amp that measures better than Objective2?

I have an NX4 and it plays my DT880 600ohms plenty loud below max volume, high gain mode. Obviously your loudness preference and use cases will vary, but I think it's definitely worth considering for high impedance cans on the go. I bought mine from an authorized seller on ebay for around $118...
  9. P

I was able to get a DT880 600ohm version for $118 shipped (via buydig [authorized seller] on ebay + watched for price to fall to $139, which it does on occasion + kept an eye out for a 15% off ebay coupon). It's a good value overall but I have reservations with outright recommending it because...
  10. P

The unit does a whole lot really well -- for my use, it's close to ticking all the boxes. The only thing lacking is I need balanced output due to where I live and the equipment I have at my home office, but my intention is to use mostly this at my away office where there is less noise. I can...
  11. P

More fun in relay click testing land: I've hooked my phone back up to the unit and am playing via UAPP. I get a click when I play my first song, but switching between tracks of different sample rates, I don't hear any clicks. I even have my ear up against the case when switching - it's...
  12. P

My remote came with a battery. Bought off Aliexpress, seller Aoshida-Hifi. It had one of those plastic tabs under the lid to prevent the battery from making contact until pulled.
  13. P

I concede it wasn't a rigorous test, I just wanted to give at least a (crappy?) data point for those with 600ohm cans and wondering if the DX3 should even be considered. I actually had dreamt up making a fixture using cardboard and bubble wrap but i got lazier than that contraption sounded on...
  14. P

OK this is weird. I've switched all my settings back: Foobar output to DX3 via ASIO, everything else going to my other soundcard (Emu 1616m) and now I'm still getting the standby mode click a second or two after stopping Foobar. I guess based off Topping's explanation that is how it is supposed...
  15. P

DT880 600ohm and my trusty Radio Shack sound level meter level with the plane of the left earpad, playing Track 58 (stereo white noise) from the 192k version of http://www.chesky.com/album/ultimate-headphone-demonstration-disc-jd361, I am getting around 75-77 dbs with the DX3 at max volume, high...
  16. P

I used UAPP via Android when I first got the unit. No unexpected clicks (i.e., just the normal clicking when switching between tracks of different rates).
  17. P

I tried DS and installed the WASAPI component to test that out too. Made sure that exclusive options were unchecked and ran a few different sample/bit rates in Windows. Can confirm that a few seconds after pausing a Youtube vid, the DAC will click, and then click again upon resuming. I...
  18. P

Didn't have any DSD files, but found a few DSD64 samples online and went through the install process outlined in the Topping online resources to enable DSD. Figuring updated component files would be better, I initially used the SACD output components from...
  19. P

I run my DX3 with Topping's supplied driver, playing Foobar via ASIO. As mentioned by others it performs as expected here. I want to test the issues that folks are experiencing but don't see WASAPI as an option. Do I need to uninstall the Topping drivers?
  20. P

What are we listening to right now..

Khruangbin - Con Todo El Mundo - 48k 24-bit digital FLAC available. The tracks "Maria Tambien" and "August 10" are standouts to me, but this whole album is great.
Top Bottom