Search results

1. B

Adam T5V vs Kali LP-6 v2

I've heard these side by side, the Adam and the Kali. The Adam has LOTS of color in its tweeter, while the Kali is far more neutral and flatter sounding. The Adam AX line sounds more like the Kali but with far less color but around $800US EACH if I remember right. The bass on the Adam T5 is...
  2. B

KRK Rokit 5 G4 vs Kali LP-6 V2?

I have heard both of these and chose the Kali's, but its close. Imaging is very good on both but the Kali is a little more flatter and neutral sounding with better bass. I didn't hear really any color in either as well (same cant be said of the Adam budget line which is FULL of color). If you...
  3. B

Kali LP-6 2nd Wave Experience

They look the same to me. Only difference I see is one pic is bigger than the other. I have the LP-6's, the pics here are same as on the back of mine.
  4. B

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

I was checking out this EQ, is it possible to apply in PEACE?
  5. B

Cant edit this previous post but these are supposed to be separated. Sorry for the confusion. Preference Score 5.82 with EQ 6.47 Generated from http://github.com/pierreaubert/spinorama/generate_peqs.py v0.22 Dated: 2023-05-14-18:12:11 Preamp: -2.2 dB Filter 1: ON LS Fc 8919 Hz Gain +0.33...
  6. B

Ahhh, ok, good to know. No issues here at any level that I can hear.
  7. B

Unfortunately I may have this issue myself but cant turn up the speakers loud enough to see if the issue is actually there (apartment). So, this is concerning as it may take years to find out if I have this particular problem with mine and by then will be too late.
  8. B

Just throwing this out there for anyone interested in a PEACE EQ setting for the Kali LP-6v2: EQ for Kali LP-6v2 computed from ErinsAudioCorner data Preference Score 5.82 with EQ 6.44 Generated from http://github.com/pierreaubert/spinorama/generate_peqs.py v0.21 Dated: 2023-04-24-15:15:42...
  9. B

Edifier S2000 Pro Review (Powered Monitor)

In my setup there is a marked difference in sound, no comparison. Every area of the Kali's is superior, highs/mids/lows and surprisingly the amp section. The edifiers just didn't have anything behind it. I turn them up and its just.....meh. Nothing special stands out. If you want bluetooth...
  10. B

I ended demoing some monitors at a couple of local music shops and walked out of there with a pair of Kali LP6 v2's. I thought they sounded fantastic compared to everything else (adam audio T7V, yamaha HS8, KFK 6" forget the model but the KFK sounded closest to the Kali if not slightly better...
  11. B

Sorry for the late reply! I came away really disappointed with the MKIII's. Completely subjective opinion here, the tweeters have a color to them that is is not for me. They were not very loud either and had no low end, so they went back.
  12. B

There will always be hiss in powered speakers, (the edifier 2K MKIII hiss comes to mind, its quite loud) but like others have said you're only going to hear it on the LP-6 if you have a dead quiet area.
  13. B

At 0 db (center position) there is some hiss but its barely audible. If its dead quiet you will hear it (and that's with just about anything) but if you have anything else going on around you like TV/people/general life noise then it gets drowned out easily and its a non issue.
  14. B

Exactly. I want to raise these off the desk a little, would these be ok? https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Frameworks-Desktop-Monitor-Speaker/dp/B084HPVQBK/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=studio+monitor+stand&qid=1678595709&sr=8-4
  15. B

Ah yes, I found them but anything would have been better than what they gave. I wonder if its on purpose to help create the sound it has but not lifting them up of the stand/table
  16. B

Pretty sure 'box sound' means it sounds like no dampening on the inside. I looked inside myself, its there but not very thick, looks like thin carpet. And yes imaging is exceptional, that is a strong point of these speakers. Agree with everything above and would also include the lack of feet...
  17. B

I just picked these up myself completely doubting them at first. After directly testing them live against the AA T7V, KRK rokit 5/7, Yamaha H5S, JBL 306 and Edifier S2000MKIII. This was for nearfield listening because anything outside of a klipsch promedia for PC desktop use is complete junk...
  18. B

Is there a PEACE EQ for Edifier S2000MKIII?

Ok I'm scratching my head as to why there are two 20Hz frequencies on sliders 8 and 9
  19. B

Is there a PEACE EQ for Edifier S2000MKIII?

Thank you sir, exactly what I was looking for!
  20. B

My original Klipsch Promedia 4.1 died, what should I do with them?

I'll be contacting this person soon, thanks a bunch guys!
Top Bottom