Search results

1. Pariah Zero

Do I need to clean my LP's?

FYI: if you're adding distilled water to high concentration isopropyl, you can also just use lower/cheaper concentrations. The "Lesser" purity means the alcohol just has more distilled water in it. Both Isopropyl annd Ethanol production involve distilling - it's hard to get alcohol separated...
  2. Pariah Zero

Depends on which part of the goat it comes from - if it's the soft goat hair, I'd say there's nothing to worry about. It's in the super soft conservation brush range.
  3. Pariah Zero

I have ultrasonic, but I really doubt it's that revelatory. The big thing I see is this: surfactants universally benefit from agitation. That's why "no touch" car washes don't work nearly as well as the kind that have brushes that touch your car. My take: Ultrasonic creates the agitation in a...
  4. Pariah Zero

Yes, and additionally, my literal first job was washing dishes in an analytic laboratory. If there's one thing I know, it's how to wash things to the standard that nothing remains. It's obviously bad if anything is left behind to contaminate a run when any number of solvents were put in the...
  5. Pariah Zero

I wouldn't be surprised if they were embargoed from general sale for national security concerns, not unlike other fab equipment. Even if you could get a hold of it, I'd bet they use three-phase power (which residential areas typically don't have in the 'states).
  6. Pariah Zero

Might actually be interesting to do with some of these bad girls: (Amazon: Lot of 12" Vinyl Records for Crafts & Decoration) - $15 for a bunch of old records that probably don't play anymore. I wonder how long it'd take to buff to a mirror shine? Vinyl isn't that hard, and the microgrooves...
  7. Pariah Zero

You do get nosebleeds, but the real problem is irritation from mucus in its varying stages of dehydration. Quite often you gotta do a little rehydration before blowing your nose can be effective. (They sell sterile saline sprays in stores, and it's well known you can't use tap water safely, as...
  8. Pariah Zero

I know this is a year after the fact, but... yes. Definitely keep that one out of your tea. It would only be good for a year or two? (given the half-life of the isotope). I've a few uses for such a brush (including precision scales), but really, there's only one proper way to think about...
  9. Pariah Zero

Amazon Phono Preamp

I've heard that Apple's actual PSU's are quite clean as well - the problem being that counterfeits are plentiful. As long as you're waiting for the pipeline, if you haven't already found it, read: The Precision Aqueous Cleaning of Vinyl Records (There's also a link to downloadable PDF). It's...
  10. Pariah Zero

I live in a dry, dry desert, with very low humidity in the summer, and less in the winter (currently ~17% or so). In spite of thoroughly grounding everything I can, so much static electricity builds up during a play, both a record and the platter have so much static on it that every hair on my...
  11. Pariah Zero

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

All I can say is a picture is worth a thousand words? That screenshot was just taken. I'll have to grant, translation errors are to be expected and are a convenient excuse...
  12. Pariah Zero

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Aaaand they're out of stock. I ordered mine (with the 48V Power Supply) from the Fosi Shop a few days ago - the claim is "Delivery by July 19" - We'll see...
  13. Pariah Zero

A Call For Humor!

Installing a good car audio system - my nicest, most expensive audio system by far - was the best decision I ever made for safety. Good audio helped me to a surprising degree - among other things, a huge benefit is I'm more relaxed in general. It helps me keep focused on reality: I need to...
  14. Pariah Zero

A Call For Humor!

I live in the state that is consistently ranked as having the most aggressive and worst drivers. Avoiding eye contact is a matter of live and death.
  15. Pariah Zero

My 12 year-old Tripath TA2020 but with multiple inputs?

Anything that does both amplification and switching of inputs is going to be cutting it close for your budget. Remotes make it even more expensive. The Master Review Index may be helpful for ideas. There are some amps reviewed by Amir here that you could probably pick up for within your budget...
  16. Pariah Zero

My 12 year-old Tripath TA2020 but with multiple inputs?

Ah, the good 'ol "Class-T" amp - one of the first Class-D amps to get much recognition for sounding good. I actually have one sitting in my bedroom. One thought: Most TV's are a good input switch; the caveat is the TV has to be turned on. If that's not an obstacle, and the TV doesn't have the...
  17. Pariah Zero

My life as a mole... (Upgrading my basement)

When I'm done with the basement, and after getting a DSP... Given the cost of something like the FOSI Audio v3 amps... I may make a (minor) project of a weekend or two of converting the T652-AIR speakers to a bi-amp/active crossover configuration, and learn to make the quasi-anechoic...
  18. Pariah Zero

My life as a mole... (Upgrading my basement)

So, I'm about to start on my next major project: finishing my basement, which is currently a poured concrete slab basement: Really, I'm putting in walls (and critically, insulation), a suspension ceiling, and electrical. Nothing too fancy. In the center of the room is a pool table - the room is...
  19. Pariah Zero

A Call For Humor!

I've discovered enjoyment in controlling other drivers with my turn signal. I click on a blinker, they zoom in to block any merge, and I smile. I never wanted to merge. I'm just fishin' and I caught another sucker.
  20. Pariah Zero

A Call For Humor!

Look, I rag on my wife every year for paying good money for bovine manure... and dirt. I saw a YouTube video where a trio made "techno" without a computer! There were so many fawning comments about how awesome they were. Such talent making music using only a synthesizer and instruments...
Top Bottom