Search results

1. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

My E30 doesn't sound anything like this. In fact, to me it surprisingly sounds better than the RME ADI 2 (V1). And I really preferred that DAC as far as looks and GUI are concerned, so my bias was with the RME and not the E30. Yes, I know my post is going to generate as much controversy as the...
  2. M

DAC ABX shootout - unable to distinguish between 10$ and 15k$

Exactly! What I don't get is why does Amir recommend certain DAC's but doesn't recommend others? If they all sound the same then why is he discouraging people from buying certain DAC's? Otherwise he is implying that a DAC with high distortion doesn't sound as good. Therefor he admits that DAC's...
  3. M

DAC ABX shootout - unable to distinguish between 10$ and 15k$

The OP's claim wasn't backed by science, either.
  4. M

Confused about DACs ranking compared to price tags (and diverse questions)

DAC's are not ranked by sound here. Only measurements. All DAC's do not sound the same to a lot of people, including myself. Here's an example: https://goldensound.audio/2021/11/29/schiit-yggdrasil-og-measurements-one-month-warmup-test/ GoldenSound, who is very much like Amir, in that he does...
  5. M

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

It sounds like a power supply issue.
  6. M

Topping E30 - worst sound detailing

My findings with the E30 are the complete opposite. I think this could be the sleeper DAC of 2021/22. It completely destroys my Logitech Transporter ($2000 original price tag). I can even handicap the E30 and play it with slightly lower volume, and it sounds better. The E30 has plenty of...
  7. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Warmer than room temp is normal for the E30. Some DAC's get almost hot to the touch.
  8. M

Sennheiser HD660 S vs HD650 - Which side are you on?

Well, that too. Just like 300 ohm (HD600) is more than likely not a good match for NDRQ's setup. Although interestingly I have had other 150 ohm headphones which sounded perfectly fine on my receiver. (IE: AKG K612). Be that as it may, many find the 660S darker than the 650, which seems to be...
  9. M

Sennheiser HD660 S vs HD650 - Which side are you on?

If the 600's sound lean then they are under amped. On my vintage Yamaha receiver it's 600>650>660S. The 660S sounds like a bass cannon and needs some bass/treble tweaking to sound half decent. So on my system they are over amped.
  10. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

I'm aware of that. It;s best for Mr P.M. to get one that measures with more distortion. Schiit is gernally not into measurements. They build most of their DACS from 'the sound up'.
  11. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

Get a DAC that adds 'color' to the sound, like Schiit does.
  12. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

You think what are fake?
  13. M

Topping E30 DAC Review

I found this interesting Reversed Polarity vs New Firmware comparison on this YT video. The difference is astonishing. (You'll want to use the chapter stops on the first comment post)
  14. M

No sound from Topping E30

Never mind. It's too embarrassing for me to mention how I fixed it. BUT...I still would like to know what setting Foobar's output should be set to?
  15. M

No sound from Topping E30

Just hooked up my E30 for the first time and I'm not getting any sound. I want to use wasapi with foobar2000. I have the Windows 10 audio device "Speakers (E30)" entry set to Exclusive and I've set Foobar2000's output device to the following... Primary Sound Driver, Primary Sound Driver...
  16. M

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Maybe it's my Attention Deficit Disorder but this chart makes no sense to me.
  17. M

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Just curious if the EQ changed any of this for you. I had the RME and I heard EXACTLY what you are describing and I sold it. I never did tinker with the EQ all that much, I didn't think it would make that much of a difference.
Top Bottom