Search results

1. B

Has anyone tried using a multichannel DAC like the Okto Dac8 Pro or the Topping DM7 to play Dolby TrueHD from VLC ?

Since I don't have a big flat, I'm thinking of combining my music listening setup and my home theater setup into one. To save physical space, I store blu-rays on a 8 TB hard drive. My question is, can I use VLC or some other software that can be installed on a computer, to direct the TrueHD...
  2. B

Westone Pro X30 and X50 IEMs subjective impressions and comparison

A few years ago, I had a Westone UM Pro 50, and I really liked the sound it was giving. I used it mostly to play CD quality FLAC files from the FLAC Player app on an iPhone 6S. When it broke after 3 years of intense use, I wanted to buy it again, which is the first time this has happened to me...
  3. B

Which audio setup will minimize listening fatigue ?

Hello, I just upgraded to a premium DAC (RME ADI-2 DAC FS) which is connected via XLR to some active speakers (Eris E8). The DAC is connected by USB either to a PC or to a Macbook (using a USB switch). I am experiencing a level of listening fatigue I haven't had since I stopped listening to...
  4. B

How do you manage volume on Windows / Mac when using an external DAC ?

I just purchased an external DAC (RME ADI-2 DAC FS). It is connected directly to some active speakers (Eris E8) via XLR cables. The issue I have (whether on Mac or on Windows) is that the volume by default is extremely high. For example when using Foobar ASIO in Windows, I have to set the DAC...
  5. B

Ground loop issues from computer audio

Hello, I am looking for advice on how to solve ground loop issues on my home computer setup. The main thing is that I want to be able to quickly switch between a desktop computer and a laptop for the audio source. Here is a schematic of the setup : I am considering replacing the power strip...
Top Bottom