Search results

1. Rc Lobarniz

The elephant in the room? Objective to what...

I do not see people here calling themselves objectivist, the method they used is scientific so they are objective. If you have followed the many post in this forum as I have, and do correct me if I am wrong, I have never read a review where I could find a subjective analysis of any of the items...
  2. Rc Lobarniz

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

This entire thread is another installment of objectivism vs subjetivsm. If we analyse these two words we find two currents of thought that take two very different perspectives. One takes the object and analyses it as far as possible from the interaction with the analyser, that is objectivism...
  3. Rc Lobarniz

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

EST is incredible sad that the pianist died.
  4. Rc Lobarniz

This song is just gorgeous to my ears.
  5. Rc Lobarniz

I love this album, not feeling the same for the next one though.
  6. Rc Lobarniz

Which audio setup will minimize listening fatigue ?

Hi there, I am going to try to answer your question with my own experience. I bought a pair of QAcoustics 3020 years ago, they had wonderful reviews and they were affordable. I was happy with them and I enjoyed them a lot too, but if I listened for long periods I came to a point that literally...
  7. Rc Lobarniz

Paris Audio Video Show 2021

Thanks a lot, really well done.
  8. Rc Lobarniz

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

Please, think about all the pieces of cable inside an electronic component, are you going to say you need to change them all in time because of the burn-in effect? Or that after a short period after sound is affected? What about tvs, are they not affected? Is HDR going to be more punching...
  9. Rc Lobarniz

ABX test example.

Hi lovely people, I have this article from Spanish audio enthusiasts Matrix-Hifi and I thought it would be of interest for many of the members of this forum. In their website you can find a very interesting ABX test result under the header "blind test" . I link it below, enjoy...
  10. Rc Lobarniz

Puritan Audio PSM156 Review (AC Filter)

Not trying to offend anyone, and not trying to defend Amir, I think he does not need it. But when I read some forum members questioning Amir's method and results after testing these different "boxes" and showing no apparent benefit of using them, I feel like I am reading flatearthers complaints...
  11. Rc Lobarniz

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

My humble opinion is this one, what if it was true that breaking-in really exist and it is measurable. OK, let's assume after the test some differences are appreciated, we prove breaking-in is real, fine with that. But why every one that believes in braking-in assumes it is always for a...
  12. Rc Lobarniz

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

I have been following this forum with a lot of enthusiasm and I have to say how fortunate I feel to find such a vast amount of knowledge about Hifi in general. After reading Amir's painstaking review of this unit I could not help but to look for the YouTube video review of this very same gear...
  13. Rc Lobarniz

My conundrum

You made my day ;)
  14. Rc Lobarniz

My conundrum

I do agree with you but with a clarification, in this particular case the Denon seems to perform to a level that most people, including myself, find correct and likeable. From my point of view I think measurements contribute to the debunking of some products that sell for top dollar but after...
  15. Rc Lobarniz

Denon DRA-800H Review (Stereo Receiver)

Answering your question definitely it is, volume is high when playing e.g. Tunein , no issues there. I wish I knew how to increase the input signal of the toslink I have connected to the TV, I will remove the need to increase the volume on the receiver that much. And by the way, I do not think...
  16. Rc Lobarniz

Denon DRA-800H Review (Stereo Receiver)

Hi, I think it lacks power depending on the source, cd are OK as long as they are not classical music, when it comes to playing movies I have to turn the dial to 0.00 dB, yes you are guessing right I'm deaf :cool:. I can normally play music at - 20 dB and it's enough, it's the tv/films that this...
Top Bottom