Search results

1. A

AutoEQ Magic?

@Svperstar, thanks so much for doing this! Do you have PEQ settings for this? My best friend has a pair of Senn HD-590s, and he'd be thrilled to have them EQ'd. Thanks!
  2. A

YouTube Audio Reviewer Tier List - Jan 2023 Edition

I completely agree about this. And this is how I got some friends into hi-fi gear. They love trying hi-fi equipment but sometimes balk at the price. I help them do research and try out my gear (including EQ). Then, I have them calculate per-hour cost for lifetime use. That's usually where my...
  3. A

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best: Sennheiser HD-600 (bought in 2002, thousands of hours of use) Etymotic ER4-P (bought in 2000, same as above) Phonak hearing aid (bought in 2018; not thrilled that I need it after an ear surgery -- but thrilled that I have it!) Polk LSi-9s and PSW-505 Topping EX-5 EQ! Meier Audio Corda...
  4. A

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

Oh man, I had one of these years ago and loved it. I used mine to store my Sennheiser HD-600 EQ curve -- instant sound improvement with every source and amp!
  5. A

Meier Corda Aria Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

This makes me curious to see how modern desktop amps from Jan Meier perform...
  6. A

Audioholics goes off the reservation

FWIW (anecdotal evidence alert!), I'm very happy with a ~$50 Auralex Subdude isolation pad purchased years ago. I did not do this to improve sound quality or "lift a veil" or any other "magic." Instead, I did it because my subwoofer rattled objects in my room. See, we have a wood floor and a...
  7. A

Looking for a suitable amp recommendation, and maybe a DAC?

Hi, Aerizon! I've been where you are, and I commend you for not hanging on to tons of gear or collecting. You're smart. My first recommendation would be to EQ your Senns. You'll find a huge difference by doing that. I'm using Sonarworks, but you can check around -- there are some great free EQ...
  8. A

Upgraditis and where I am today

I forgot one important thing: If you've lost hearing, stop being stubborn and get hearing aids. Nobody cares that you're wearing them... but they *do* care if you can't hear them. Trust me; I know from years of experience. I've tried countless audio gear, but since losing hearing, nothing has...
  9. A

Anybody here using hearing aids?

I should also add that I barely use my Etymotic ER-4S these days, and my audiologist didn't know how to EQ them for the ear with hearing loss.
  10. A

Anybody here using hearing aids?

I wear a hearing aid to compensate for mild to moderate loss in one ear. Put off getting a hearing aid for years because I was "too young." During those years, I listened to a few dozen hours of music. Now, I put my hearing aid in when I wake up and take it out only when I shower and sleep...
  11. A

Upgraditis and where I am today

Great post, Kevbaz. I sympathize. My first pair of good headphones was a revelation, and I listened to music for 1-2 hours every night in high school. Then: I fell deep into the upgraditis rabbit hole when I was in college. At one time, I owned more headphones than I could even listen to: *...
  12. A

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

$249 for the Monolith by Monoprice THX AAA Balanced Headphone Amplifier featuring THX AAA 887 Technology: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=39359 All Topping products are on sale for Black Friday. For instance: * Topping EX5 = $297.49...
  13. A

Any known sales for Senn HD 600 on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

For what it's worth, I got a great deal on my Sennheiser HD-600s back in 2003 -- I paid $200 ($300 in today's money). Drop's deal is cheaper, even excluding inflation. And after listening for thousands of hours, I'd say $179 is a good deal. :)
Top Bottom