Search results

1. heita0

Is there likely to be a difference in audio quality between these two balanced-to-unbalanced adapters?

I am using the pentaconn cable, with a headphone amplifier that has a balanced 4.4mm out. However, there are times when I need to use the headphones with a 3.5mm jack: like when I am attending a Zoom meeting from my phone. For these situations, I want a 4.4 female to 3.5 unbalanced male adapter...
  2. heita0

Does Using an Active Preamp Render the Dedicated DAC Useless?

Thanks @LTig, so: the original DAC gets 'bypassed' as there is a second (pair of) conversion, so the actual analog signal going to the stereo amplifier will be that made by the preamp's DAC and not the dedicated DAC at the beginning of the chain. As such, the dedicated DAC is essentially...
  3. heita0

Does Using an Active Preamp Render the Dedicated DAC Useless?

Hello! I am trying to set up the following electronics to my PC: DAC Headphone Amp Speaker Preamp Speaker Amp I am thinking of using XLR Y-splitters to split the DAC signal between the Headphone Amp and Speaker PreAmp. The Speaker Preamp will then 'feed' the Speaker Amp. I need the dedicated...
  4. heita0

A90 Balanced Passthrough?

I would like to use my dac with a headphone amp and a speaker amp. To this end, I am thinking of using the A90 XLR-out to connect to my Harman Kardon HK990's balaned input. Here's the hitch: The HK990 XLR input is not designed to be used with a preamp. That is to say, there is no way of...
  5. heita0

Is there likely to be a difference in audio quality between these two balanced-to-unbalanced adapters?

To use my Sony IER-Z1R with plain 3.5mm sources when I need to, for convenience, I am getting a 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male adapter. Between option 1 and option 2, is there likely to be any difference in audio quality? I obviously don't expect an adapter to add to the quality, but I am concerned...
  6. heita0

Extending Electronics Lifetime through Mains Power 'Conditioning'

I live in a 220V 50Hz country (Bangladesh) with several mains issues and I was wondering what I can do to intercept the mains current to fix issues, through some intervention at the breaker level. I don't expect an audio improvement, but I do want to make sure my equipment lasts as long as...
  7. heita0

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

Thanks for clarifying! I was reading about all the switching and delays and whatnot and got worried.
  8. heita0

Matrix X-Hi Card: Can someone explain why this could be useful?

Unexpected from Matrix. The use case @VintageFlanker intimates is also tenuous, which I have no doubt he will agree with. At ~$300 for the card, you can just get a decent DAC.
  9. heita0

Matrix X-Hi Card: Can someone explain why this could be useful?

What exactly is the purpose of this product? What does it change compared to a regular USB port? I thought digital signals cannot be affected by all that audio jazz. What even is USB noise? Isn't it just an exact stream of 1s and 0s agnostic to physical context (malfunction aside)? Matrix are a...
  10. heita0

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

Hi. I am thinking of getting this device for my PC. I want it to function seamlessly across video games, videos, and general software sound effects in addition to music. Does a USB connection allow this kind of hassle-free, plug-and-forget usage? Essentially I just want it to process all PC...
  11. heita0

Splitting DAC XLR Out for Multiple Amps

I would like to use the XLR output of my DAC (Gustard X16 short-term, maybe a Holo May in the future) to feed both my stereo (integrated) amp and headphone amp (one at any given time). Both amps have 50k+ input impedance. From similar posts, I gather that this is fairly harmless and has no...
Top Bottom