Search results

1. R

Advice on power amplifier and upgrade

I have finalized my set-up and installation. I ended up with the following 5.2.4: - KEF Q950 as L/R speakers - KEF Q650 as center speaker - KEF Q350 as surround speakers - SVS Prime Elevation as Atmos speakers (4x) - SVS PB 3000 as subwoofers (x2 in opposite corners) I added an external 5...
  2. R

Dubai members

Hello Just curious if there are other members of the forum that are based in Dubai or the UAE? Thanks
  3. R

What are we listening to right now..

I’m listening to John Hicks solo piano “Steadfast” and really enjoying it.
  4. R

KEF Q series vs Revel Concerta 2 for home theater use

I have a HT with Q950s, Q650 and Q350s. I am very happy with the Q650 as center channel.
  5. R

Home Theater setup - speakers location and selection - advice

Hi all I am moving to a new place and planning ahead for my home theater. I currently have a 5.1 configuration with the following equipment: - DENON AVC-X3700H - KEF Q950 tower speakers (x2) - KEF Q650 center (x1) - KEF Q350 rear (x2) (currenlty i am using them as surround but in the new...
  6. R

They only run Audyssey through the AVR. They are willing to use the app only in a dedicated home theater room...
  7. R

Hi all. All your comments helped me think more about what I am not satisfied with and my conclusion is that my music listening experience is fine with the KEF speakers and equipment that I currently have and what I am lacking is a great cinema-like movie watching experience. I actually visited...
  8. R

For the 60-70dB I used the NIOSH app from my seating area which is 4.3m from the front speakers.
  9. R

Which additional sub would you recommend?
  10. R

Me too! But I was hoping someone tested it or had it and could share his experience with it. But with no luck so far!
  11. R

I use the whole system for vinyl, digital music and movies. In this thread there was a response above with a video showing how the power required can go up to 400 watt even at my listening level. For movies having a separate amp with more power and higher/better dynamic headroom could provide...
  12. R

Which 7 channel amplifier do you recommend?
  13. R

Why are you making this analogy? Did you try this amplifier or tested it? Which alternative amplifier do you recommend instead? PS: I have no issues spending $3000 on a 7 channel amplifier. Thanks
  14. R

Audio Control Savoy G4 (https://www.audiocontrol.com/home-audio/power-amplifiers/savoy-g4/)

Oh. That's quite a poor performance of this product. Based in Dubai I have no access to the amplifiers that scored "Excellent" in your testing and I was hopeful that the Savoy G4 might be one of them :(
  15. R

Audio Control Savoy G4 (https://www.audiocontrol.com/home-audio/power-amplifiers/savoy-g4/)

Hello Does anyone have experience and can share feedback on the Audio Control Savoy G4 7 Channel power amplifier (https://www.audiocontrol.com/home-audio/power-amplifiers/savoy-g4/)? I cannot find any review or testing online but the advertised specs seem great. @amirm have you tested this...
  16. R

I will post the floor plan of the new home we are moving to and see if there can be a planned and amicable separation :)
  17. R

You guys are so helpful. Thanks a lot for the advice. I am moving into a new home soon. I might post the floorplan and where I am thinking to have my home theatert setup as it seems room acoustic is a crucial part of the user experience!
  18. R

Any views on the Audio Control Savoy G4?
  19. R

I am 4.3m from the speakers and in a fairly large room. But will be moving soon but I would expect the new room to be large as well. I don’t listen too loud, say approximately 60dB - 70dB.
Top Bottom