Search results

1. F

Streamer / DAC combo with PEQ and Loudness

Volumio can do this, yes! Pair it with a well measuring USB-DAC or DAC HAT of your choice! A 12V trigger needs a bit of DIY, but it can be done! Sometimes Volumio has its quirks, but overall, I am happy with it!
  2. F

Can we imitate loudness dial?

I don't own a minidsp, but afaik it can not! However, you can generate a presets for low-level listening, but this is not dynamic. In my opinion, this is one of the biggest drawbacks of the Minidsp . The only other devices with proper loudness integration are the RME ADI-2 DAC or Pro.
  3. F

Yes, the Raspberry has to do this. It is part of the Fusion-DSP Plugin, a comprehensive frontend for Camilla DSP. It also works with inputs (USB e.g.) , but you need a Premium account for that.
  4. F

I use a Volumio-powered Raspberry Pi as a streamer, and the loudness feature works really well. It is based on ISO 226:2003 and has an adjustable threshold for when it should start (in % of max. volume). I recommend any kind of loudness compensation feature to anyone who listens at low to...
  5. F

Buchardt Audio SUB10

maybe the power cable looks something like this...
  6. F

Adam T8V Studio Monitor Review

Depending on what you want to achieve and what kind of listening you do, this may be a good solution. I also went active since I got a pair of nearly unused T5Vs for cheap. I use a Raspberry PI as a streamer, which also provides the PEQ you want for the them to bring down the highs. To fill out...
  7. F

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

I had them on the desk yesterday, but unfortunately I did not read your request. However, in any case you have to add 4-5cm at least for the Plugs! Because of the negative WAF values, I laminated them with white foil yesterday, which turned out quite nice. Too bad that Adam no longer offers...
  8. F

Adam T8V Studio Monitor Review

If there are measurments available for your desired speakers, you can compare them on www.spinorama.org (Click on the menu in the upper left -> compare)
  9. F

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Golden roof? We have one, too! And yes, ours is not that impressive either.
  10. F

Innsbruck - Austria
  11. F

le géant! I have been up there a few yers ago. By bike of course... ;)
  12. F

DIY triggered ac outlet

this also may be of interest: Automatic Power Supply Switching Module
  13. F

Power supply (?) induces mains noise, amplifier kills itself

It is exactly like this! but strangely only to one of the active Speakers. Could it be a problem that the speakers are close to each other? And that power cables are also running close by?
  14. F

Power supply (?) induces mains noise, amplifier kills itself

I have a strange problem. I used to have an SMSL A100 amplifier, but now I've come across a really cheap pair of Adam T5Vs that I wanted to test alongside my existing speakers. So I wired everything up, and lo and behold, I had a lot of noise on one T5V. Much much louder than the normal tweeter...
  15. F

Dayton Epique 7” Enclosure

Just put all the the driver specs in a software like Vituixcad, and this is what you get: I assumed a 20l enclosure (roughly a cube with 30cm edge length) and modeled two versions, on ported and one closed: ported: and closed with DSP: so you can achieve roughly the same with both, but...
  16. F

Pi streamer/camilla DSP/phono integration

I am running a Pi with a Hifiberry DAC+ADC Pro HAT with a turntable connected. TT -> Phono Pre -> ADC -> RPi -> DAC -> Amp I have a Volumio Premium subscription, but I think it works just fine with Moode etc. For Volumio there is a CamillaDSP based plugin for room correction and sophisticated...
  17. F

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

Has anyone disassambled and assambled them? I could get a nearly unused pair for €200, but black speakers are a nogo in our home... so I am thinking about wrapping them with furniture foil (3M Di-Noc). But for this I think it is neccessary to remove the drivers...?
  18. F

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Airplain, active swiss-made speakers with Purifi drivers!
  19. F

sphere shaped speakers

Beautiful! Can you do any measurments? How does it sound?
Top Bottom