Search results

1. wadec22

Vanatoo Transparent Zero Speaker Review

do you consider the resonances at those SPL levels and bass distortion design flaws? Again, I chalk those up to speaker size. if you crank a speaker this size up to 90+ SPL, I would assume cabinet resonance is going to come into play. Same thing with the bass distortion. 86db with no sub...
  2. wadec22

The point is that they included the flexibility to appeal to a broad audience and again, I feel like in practice they do that, as long as you know what they are in regards to bass and volume (limitations of their physical size). Most mainstream users would welcome built in DSP, as opposed to a...
  3. wadec22

I agree with you that it doesn't make sense to measure all settings. I am saying that the other settings may not have the same flaws. Meaning the built in DSP/DIP switches are meant to have flexibility to appeal to a broad taste profile and I have found in practice they do that, with the...
  4. wadec22

Yes, but manipulating the DIP switches and the remote settings can give you vastly different measurements from what is seen here, so one of those settings may not have those same flaws.
  5. wadec22

How do you know it can't use them to correct the flaws in this measurement? They were not tested here.
  6. wadec22

I fail to see how engineering measurements are not scientific. the title of the website would certainly lead any new web surfer reading their first review to believe that was your intention. I am not saying the ADC did affect your measurements. I am saying it is the input with the most...
  7. wadec22

I had read that. Just shared I found it weird since mine were so dark when I received them. Such a broad range in variance...
  8. wadec22

I did not mention FR. I simply shared a tip for best performance. Simply recommend users not pass through ADC, then DAC if they have an option. It does seem the oddest choice for any scientific testing, but I understand what you are saying.
  9. wadec22

couple of things that stood out to me; testing via the 3.5mm will not give you best performance. the internal DAC cannot be bypassed. so you are sending it through an ADC, then the DAC. odd design choice, but I assume necessary with all their tuning adjustments comparisons to the JBL...
  10. wadec22

Review and Measurements of Violectric HPA V281 HP Amp

I believe the remote plus stepped attenuator is an add on item and this particular unit did have it.
  11. wadec22

Measurements of Motu UltraLite mk4 (AKM DAC Version)

the mk4 has a lot more functionality. you can eq each input/output, built in compressor/mixer/level adjust - ability to adjust for each channel as well as an audio tools software suit with scope/fft analysis
  12. wadec22

I have the ES mk4. Unit sure does have high stock volts. I have to use Windows volume to keep it turned down with my 887 amp on low gain
  13. wadec22

No worries. I was just curious as to how it generally performed. Did it measure better than the 8a?
  14. wadec22

I only found one loop back measurement you ran on the newer version.
  15. wadec22

@March Audio did you ever measure the ESS version?
  16. wadec22

Motu m4 error

I've had the m2 since release and never had an issue like this. I'd contact them directly.
  17. wadec22

ATOM Dac Coming very soon!

Actually it was even earlier than that, John mentioned it in the comments of their blog back in October. https://blog.jdslabs.com/2019/10/how-atom-amp-has-improved-in-2019/ I'm hopeful cuz I love their customer service and value proposition but I'm skeptical as well. They seem to refuse to...
  18. wadec22

Expensive headphones that sound bad

I was also surprised to see Eikon here. I love that headphone.
Top Bottom