Search results

1. N

B&W 606 S2 vs ELAC Debut DBR62

The notion that something can be observed, cannot be explained, so therefore it doesn't exist is rediculous.
  2. N

Preamp for Hypex NC502MP

I Use a Topping pre 90 with hypex NC 502 running balanced. Yes it would be nice to have Dirac room correction or similar but I find that the DSP in Roon does what I need. The pre 90 + NC 502 is rediculous value and feel you would have to pay double the price to get any appreciable improvement.
  3. N

SMSL SD 9 or IFI ZEN STREAM

The I use the Zen Stream as a network bridge with a linear power supply (ooh snakes) as I don't really find it convincing as a streamer on its own. https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/topping-p50-low-noise-linear-power-supply-for-topping-d50-d50s-dx3-pro-d30 It sounds way superior to the...
  4. N

Using that logic would be like saying ASR is a white supremacists organisation because they oppose "wokespeak"-equally ridiculous.
  5. N

I can see where you are trying to go with this but if you can't appreciate that using different materials and designs can produce different sound signatures ,eg valve/solid state copper/silver cables then you are really more interested in measurements and semantic gotchas than music.
  6. N

Both are great speakers it really depends on your room, other components and your hearing. If you have a bright room or system and or are sensitive to too much treble then go for the Elacs. If you have a treated room ,a system that is not overly bright and love detailed and airy highs then go...
  7. N

I'm using fibre connection ZS, Topping D90 DAC , Topping Pre 90, 2x XTZ A2 300s Bi wire, B&W 685 S2, SVS SB 2000 sub,Supra cables and power conditioning.
  8. N

Yes I used a decent power cable on the Bluesound too -still noticably lacking compared to the ZS Bluesound is a mid Fi product for a mid Fi price ZS is a high end product for a mid Fi price .There are external power supplies you can buy for the Node that I'm sure would improve the SQ but that...
  9. N

The sound quality of the Zen stream is outstanding -better than the Bluesound node or a audio PC iwas using.Works with Tidal connect well quobuz needs a 3rd party upnp app as does the Sd9 which is another hassle/expense. BlueOS is plug and play though-choose your poison.
  10. N

Tidal, MQA, D90 and sampling rates

I also have a D90 and use Tidal and think it sounds better than qobuz to my ears in back to back listening with great resolution and to me appears to have some noise canceling abilities. Is it a cash grab-yes. Is it better than lossless hires probably not.It does however offer the ability to...
  11. N

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Andrew H. 7 days ago likely before the end of the calendar year
  12. N

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

The Blusound node really excels as a streamer and I find the app very simple and reliable to use. One problem I encountered setting up the device was that if you are using Ethernet connection to stream from a gateway both this and the WIFI network have to share the the same IP address or in my...
Top Bottom