Search results

1. P

FS: Sabaj A5 IcePower 50ASX2SE

my bad, 30 posts minimum rule dropped....
  2. P

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

Nice to see these certification tags from all around the globe on rear ;). ...MP series thankfully will accept anything from 110V to 240V, so they might have said to themselves: why labelling then? However, what about that burn-through fuse then, shouldn't that one be labelled with swapping...
  3. P

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

For EU, UK, CH, NO.... buyers of course audiophonics is always a recommendable choice since a bigger share of that value added will remain in a European country which potentially is a good thing. If price is the only criteria I guess China direct sales is impossible to beat. Since you're based...
  4. P

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Fortunately this did not turn into an opamp rolling thread so far. If you mistrust these dull looking "NE5532P" labelled stock opamps featuring that aeruginous kind of "dirty metal" looking pin connectors my advice would always be to buy some "NE5532AP" from a reliable "western" source. The...
  5. P

2023 Munich show, more weird stuff

Right, it only works with "search on page" to gain any information right from that page. If you think my post was irrelevant or inappropriate please (let it) delete and I apologize and I'm prepared to learn my lesson.
  6. P

2023 Munich show, more weird stuff

Wow these are some weird ideas. Where do we stand, is this 1965? It's what I would call decline and decadency, doomed to go down in history with theses brands altogether. And it's not just about these 19.5k speakers: Have a look at these amps and that other gear spinning pointlessly right at the...
  7. P

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

If I got it right once, the assumption on ASR is that poor measuring devices shall be refused. Well measuring devices are considered as basis of a good product. Most importantly, manufacturers shall keep apart clean engineering on the one hand and voicing, tuning, alienation on the other hand...
  8. P

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

May I refer to the initial thread about that amp to find answers, https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-smsl-a300-btl-class-d-power-amp.34607 , it's been discussed starting somewhere around the middle of all posts. In short: master-slave wasn't recommended as overly...
  9. P

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

Always nice to see when measurements correspond with my highly subjective listening experience (like frequency drawing, maximum resolution achievable). This was the harshest sounding one by SMSL, Sabaj, Loxjie so far I ever had with me. Glad I got rid of it before this review came out. Any...
  10. P

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

It's sad. It's sad because people who would defend products like this are same you're sometimes involved with when buying speakers (if you're trying to avoid the risk of speaker blind purchases).
  11. P

New SMSL AL200 Intergrated Amplifier

In that price range I expect one more side step departure (this time from their A300) when it comes to sonics. I mean, one could give it a try (once again). But not any of these Infineon based builds by SMSL, Sabaj so far came close to the best TPA325x amplifiers I have here with me. Since non...
  12. P

Another guy on Youtube going to visit Danny down in texas....

"All of that is total BS." There we have it. It's about measuring what the world clearly hears when taking measurements.
  13. P

Another guy on Youtube going to visit Danny down in texas....

I'm surprised he picked that one up after such a long time. - The later the more worrisome from a psychological perspective. Posting that tit for tat inspired footage might have helped him to get over that act of indignity perceived earlier.
  14. P

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

Thank you for that review. But it leaves you behind quivering and uncomfortable. It's always revealing when contributors provide us with insights into that Potemkim Village of boutique HiFi products. I feel sorry for the brand and in particular for the workers in their manufacture in France...
  15. P

Record breaker: Raphaelite CS30-MKII tube amplifier review and measurements

Thank you. Just when it comes to packaging I think it's the manufacturer's fault which lead to the damage. It looks like someone got lost in details with reasoning about smallest slices of cardboard and flimsy foam plastic inserts and it's protective purposes. While underestimating forces in...
  16. P

New Aiyima AO4 coming in May

I have that SMSL A300 (Infineon MA5332MS) here with me as well as an early 2018 released, meanwhile discontinued, "FX502J-S" by North Flat Japan based on a TPA3250 chipset, see NFJAPAN FX502J-S in Japanese. The chinese version of the FX502 which also existed received a bad review here on ASR...
  17. P

New Aiyima AO4 coming in May

Still, 6 years after release of these chipsets, there is no mass production end-to-end thoughtfully engineered TPA325x build available from any of these companies. Cheesy capacitors here, flimsy potentiometers there, thermal or current related problems somewhere, pointless tone controls...
  18. P

WASAPI exclusive mode - why different DACs do different things then

Yes. As far as I can assess, will at least all run properly above 96 kHz and can properly be preset to e/g 32 Bit 384 kHz by default or at least 24 Bit 192 kHz (depending on DAC device capabilities) at Windows device manager. Just one example for a "dumb" 1st variant DAC in front of me right at...
  19. P

WASAPI exclusive mode - why different DACs do different things then

Guys, I have a question regarding WASAPI exclusive mode playback by streaming services like e/g Qobuz and Tidal using their respective Windows desktop apps. I experienced three different types of "behavior" when running contemporary DACs (ESS 90xx, AKM 449x, ROHM BD3..., no R-2R tried yet) with...
Top Bottom