Search results

1. F

Disappointed with Shanling CD80

What a shame, but thanks for sharing your experience. It blows my mind that anyone would design a cd player that doesn't have gapless playback. I almost purchased the Tangent CD II player a couple of years back then noticed reviews mentioned there were gaps between tracks, so immediately crossed...
  2. F

Recommendations for DAC with 2 Coax inputs

The Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 100 has 2 coax inputs: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/cambridge-audio-dacmagic-100-review.12201/
  3. F

Stereo DAC/amp with HDMI ARC Support?

There is the new Loxjie A40 as well, though it looks like it performs similarly to the SMSL AO300 with HDMI Arc. There is also the Harmon Kardon Citation amp, but there is a thread on here reporting various issues with it. I ended up going for the Sonos AMP, as it seems be generally well...
  4. F

Loxjie A40 all in one amp 2024

Its a shame HDMI ARC is so poorly implemented on this and the SMSL AO300, its a bit of a deal breaker for me. Hopefully Wiim have done a better job with their new amp.
  5. F

New S.M.S.L. M300 SE 120$

Why? Other DAC's have this feature - e.g IFI Zen Dac
  6. F

New S.M.S.L. M300 SE 120$

I can only get it to retain the output as fixed if you select the output as line only ( headphone output disabled).
  7. F

Beelink Mini S as Plex server bitperfect question

I think you are mistaken. There are no chargeable upgrades to Plexamp. You used to have to have Plex Pass, but now it is free for all Plex users.
  8. F

Settings>Audio Output>Sample Rate Matching. For output to an attached DAC. otherwise it plays at a fixed sample rate. Not that it matters really
  9. F

The Plex client on windows can do bit-perfect. Plexamp for Windows doesn't have a setting for this - i think it's just IOS, Mac OS and Linux that do. I don't think Tidal played via Plex is bit-perfect though.
  10. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

SMSL C100 for £79.20 (using voucher), with next day delivery: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BNFZ75LJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A2XL2OZZCZEZ5B&psc=1
  11. F

SMSL D12 DAC & Headphone Amp Review

Is the rear output fixed or variable, or do you have the option of either?
  12. F

Best remote control?

I have one. It's ok, but the battery life is dreadful
  13. F

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

An HDMI audio extractor with coax/optical output would be the best solution i think?
  14. F

TOPPING MX3s

I quite liked the original Mx3, but then i added a subwoofer to my setup, and they didn't get on. A loud thunk from the sub, when the amp was powered off, and then it shut itself down after i connected my headphones (which was fine before i added the sub). I saw similar reports from other users...
  15. F

Fan-less silent PC

Is that the G1 mini? I bought one from Ebay uk for about £40, but i found the fan slightly noisy, so ended up selling it again. Didn't know it had an m.2 slot
  16. F

Request for exact dimensions on Yamaha A-S301, ..501, ..701

A-S301 - from volume knob, to the back of the unit (ignoring the connectors), i measure it at 36cm.
  17. F

Preamp with DAC?

One of the analogue inputs on the Pro-Ject is a dedicated phono input for connecting a turntable, and the other is just a standard analogue input.
  18. F

Preamp with DAC?

How about the Pro-Ject Pre-Box Ds2 Digital? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/pro-ject-pre-box-ds2-dac-pre-amp-review.15414/ Ticks all your boxes, i think?
  19. F

Best software options for linux music streaming server that can also play local headless?

Not sure if this will be any help at all, but if you did go for Plex server, you can cast from Plexamp clients to most other Plexamp endpoints - i think this works for desktop, Chromecast and airplay devices. Plexamp requires Plexpass, which i think is on sale now.
Top Bottom