Search results

1. G

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

A new era is indeed upon us. FiiO just released their K19, too. An all-in-one THX-based DAC/Amp with PEQ functionality. Hope we get to see it tested here soon!
  2. G

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

Probably not. But I prefer all-in-ones. And the FiiO has a bigger knob..
  3. G

That's not standby; that's the mute
  4. G

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I don't have a problem with Topping not getting a certification; good for them. I have a problem with Topping claiming that the G5 is Apple compatible without backing it up.
  5. G

Moondrop enters the OE headphone market

I'm pretty sure I spent a lot more money than you on Moondrop. First it's the QC: the glue they used for the faceplate leaked on the body of my Variations. They sold it to me regardless. The paint on my Aria started chipping away. Fortunately my Blessing 2 was OK on that regard. Second it's...
  6. G

I am aware, but this is a workaround, not a true solution. Note that I haven't tried it on the NX4. And having a chain of cables 30 cm long from phone to DAC is not exactly elegant or practical. Either get the certification or stop luring iPhone users with lightning wires that only work for a...
  7. G

You're missing the point. It's not the cable that is MFi certified. It's the device. Much like the NX4 before the G5 that had lightning cables available for it, future iOS updates broke the compatibility. I HAD ONE, and it stopped working on my iPhone. Sure, Apple does this for money. But if...
  8. G

You don't hang around much on the Internet, do you?
  9. G

If it's not MFI certified by Apple, it's simply not compatible with the iPhone regardless of the cable used. Even if it works for now, future iOS updates can and will render the G5 useless.
  10. G

God damn it, I've been saying the same thing many posts ago! Thank you! I'm betting Topping is NOT MFi certified..
  11. G

No wonder they share the same approach to atrocious QC..
  12. G

The smallest of the two. BTR7 incorporates a PEQ.
  13. G

Still, whether the device is MFi (Made For iPhone) certified is unclear. The NX4 for instance wasn't. Although there were cables at first, iOS updates broke the compatibility because Topping did not bother with getting certified.
  14. G

Does it have an MFi (Made For iPhone) certification? If not, the DAC part is unusable when combined with an iPhone. I remember the NX4 before this had the exact same issue. Topping skimped on the certification.. I know they provide a lightning cable. But an iOS update can break the...
  15. G

Recommendations for a DAC/HP Amp

I'm not sure about your headphone amp requirements, but what about the Khadas Tone 2?
  16. G

The two K9s are different in their amp section, too. The ESS is slightly more powerful per the spec sheet.
  17. G

Moondrop Variations

Sound good, sure. But the quality and fit leave a lot to be desired. Sold them as they got my ears hurting half hour in.
  18. G

Education on DAP

DAPs for me is like the Amazon Kindles of music. It's worthwhile if you want to focus in music once in a while.
Top Bottom